Clip Dragging question

Bassfaceus

Hello all...

how do i speed up dragging  a clip from

one position to another 

EG.. i am zoomed in on the monitor i can only see 12 bars of my project 

but my project is 100 bars long .

what i want to do is drag a clip form say bar 12 to bar 100

but its so slow because of the zoom in..

i seem to remember that there was a modify keyboard key that i coul klik to speed up the move

or am i imagining that?

Thanks

• Like 1

If you know exactly where you want the clip to go and you don't want to zoom out, the quickest way is to type in the new clip start in the clip inspector.

image.png.348b663b03f9e6c61122aba55f5e48b8.png

This will work for all selected clips, assuming of course you want them all to be moved to the same time location.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

thanks re reading my post i can see i have not described my query clearly...

what i want to is clik on a clip and drag it by moving to the right or left of the

window..no problem doing this but if i am really zoomed out 

i must keep my finger on the mouse and clip for a really long time sometimes...

is there a way to increase the speed of this scroll so that i may traverse great distances quickly?

I know exactly what you’re saying. This often happens to me for redoing a section of a song and I go to drag the timeline to create the punch in and the end point is way off screen to the right. I have to zoom out using Alt/ mouse scroll. Then the accuracy of the points is iffy so you have to zoom back in. 
Just thinking about this gave me an idea. 
USB foot switch!  You can assign just about anything to a USB foot switch. I have 4 of them kicking around. So I could assign the zoom in and out to the foot switch!  I’m going to go test this. 

Update: It didn't work. Well I got the footswitch programed to use CTR _ Right and left arrows so that works great for zooming.  But I had to let go of the mouse still.  I couldn't drag a clip and zoom out at the same time. I guess that's how things work.  But I'm glad I programed the foot switch as I'll use that anyhow. If I can remember it's there. That Alt/ mouse scroll get used a LOT by me. 

Edited by John Vere

19 hours ago, Bassfaceus said:

what i want to do is drag a clip form say bar 12 to bar 100

but its so slow because of the zoom in..

i seem to remember that there was a modify keyboard key that i coul klik to speed up the move

or am i imagining that?

it would be great to have such modify key