Song Association Game :D

Notes_Norton

12 hours ago, Wibbles said:

The Five Stairsteps - O-o-h Child

So, after all these year, I decided to look up " . . . and Cubie" and found this:

• In 1967, as a gimmick, the group added [Clarence] Burke's then-three-year-old brother to the lineup, and briefly renamed themselves the Five Stairsteps & Cubie.

Keeping with the theme (5):

Edited by User 905133
to add another association with 5
  • Like 1

February 1963"Hambone" [A-side by Red Saunders & His Orchestra with Dolores Hawkins & The Hambone Kids]"Rumble Mambo" [B-side by Link Wray & The Wraymen] OKeh 4-7166

Side B was my favorite of the two sides:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_Wray

Edited by User 905133
to add links to show the connection to Link Wray
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

Hmmm, I didn't get the association. I may be quite dense at times, please explain.

So Far Away - Carole King

Sorry, I forgot to draw the connection.  So here it is:

Brigitte Bardot - Mambo Italiano = Dancer  [posted by pwalpwal]

Music : Mambo Italiano - Bette Midler - Sings Rosemary Clooney Songbook - 2003'

I should have spelled that out in the "From A Distance" post when I wrote the following:  

2 hours ago, User 905133 said:

I like Bette Midler's version better than the one I have been hearing in TV commercials. Here's another favorite popularized by the Divine Miss M.

We have been having TV commercials here for something (maybe a restaurant?) that sounds like Dean Martin singing Mambo Italiano.**  I like Bette Midler's version better!  Sorry I didn't spell that out earlier.  Thanks for asking.

**Just Googled it. Yup--the ear didn't lie--it IS Dean Martin's version.  I won't post the link to the commercial, but you can find it as "Mambo Italiano | Made possible by Hosts | Airbnb."  I was wrong--not a restaurant ad. No disrespect to Dean Martin intended. Its more that I am sick of the commercial, not his soothing voice.

Edited by User 905133
  • Thanks 1