Another one Bites the Dust.

Byron Dickens

When the other guitar player left the band in the 90's, I had to make adjustments to my sound - I was playing through a 59 Bassman, those cleaner patterns, and that sound sat really well on top of his Mesa Boogie, which provided the foundation. But with him gone I needed something to fill all the empty space, and I had no budget, I was still paying the Fender, so I got myself a little Marshall Valvestate VS15R that I ran in parallel. It made playing as a trio much easier.

opozlu8ffdh22q2q3b7j.thumb.jpg.8502e287c8e5155576190beee240b03c.jpg

Previous generations of Valvestate had left me unimpressed but I really liked this one. When I started recording, it's the only thing I used - recording the Bassman in an apartment was unthinkable.  Using just my strat, between that little Marshall, a wah, a Boss Flanger, and the tape echo on the Sony open reel that I used to record, experimenting with mic placment, I learned to create all kinds of sounds.

I eventually gave it to a friend after I got my first POD, but I often miss it. It wasn't as good as my old Master Lead Combo (my first decent amp) but I'd like to grab one even if just to see if it was as nice as I remember. 

1670646998_T2eC16VHJHoFGl(mnswzBR8Ve1P)Bw60_57.thumb.JPG.de7278ad6d1cf02d04f07e7503c965e1.JPG

Edited by Rain
  • Like 1

I have a photo of me shaking hands with Jim Marshall way back when I was a young lad. He was doing a promotional tour of local mom and pop music stores in the Chicago area. Nice guy for sure and I just recently learned a bit about the company start-up. I played a gig about a year ago and another band's guitarist had (2) Marshall Jubilee's on stage . Amazing sounding rig for sure.

Edited by RBH
  • Like 1