REQUEST - Update all the MIDICakewalk MFX

sadicus

This would be nice, as they are still very useful!

It would be great if the MIDI Chord Analyzer could have an option to show chords with flats instead of sharps.

Edited by GreenLight
I got the sharps and flats backwards 😂
  • Like 2

Another thing that makes CbB a cit cumbersome is you can't configure a plugin to be MIDI only. Those exist and you can't use them in CbB as they simply don't appear on MIDI tracks. Heck, even the built in plugins are no categorized as MIDI, which makes things weird when you want to use them in the PRV and they live in a strange "Uncategorized" field. Even adding plugins which are MIDI Only to the correct menu and saving the layout results in the plugin not showing on the list.

16 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Another thing that makes CbB a cit cumbersome is you can't configure a plugin to be MIDI only. Those exist and you can't use them in CbB as they simply don't appear on MIDI tracks. Heck, even the built in plugins are no categorized as MIDI, which makes things weird when you want to use them in the PRV and they live in a strange "Uncategorized" field. Even adding plugins which are MIDI Only to the correct menu and saving the layout results in the plugin not showing on the list.

I have used MFX plug-ins successfully.  Are you talking about audio plug-ins which also respond to MIDI to affect how they handle audio (i.e., using MIDI to control audio settings on the fly)?

I am not sure you are talking about MFX.  If you are, maybe you could give an example of an MFX that you can't use on a MIDI track.

Edited by User 905133
simplified my reply

28 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I have used MFX plug-ins successfully.  Are you talking about audio plug-ins which also respond to MIDI to affect how they handle audio (i.e., using MIDI to control audio settings on the fly)?

I am not sure you are talking about MFX.  If you are, maybe you could give an example of an MFX that you can't use on a MIDI track.

Some I can mention is this one https://hy-plugins.com/product/hy-seqcollectionwinmac/

Here's a free one https://stochas.org/

Both are MIDI plugins, but CbB sees it them an audio/instrument plugin, which means you can't add it to MIDI tracks nor use to process MIDI.

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino

Thanks for the reply.  I can't find stochas.vst3 after vstscan. I will have to try to find the vstscan.log. But it does work in Voltage Modular.  Thanks!  🙂 

Update:  I see.  It shows up in Cakewalk as an Instrument.

Edited by User 905133