Copy-paste time signature sequence

Nacho

Question

I have a time signature sequence that I would like to repeat throughout my project. Let's say I have 2 bars of 7/4 followed by 2 bars of 5/4 and I want this sequence to be repeated multiple times. I know I can manually do it as many times as I like, but it if I know I'll be repeating that exact sequence multiple times, it would be nice to just copy and paste it wherever I want. Does this exist?

5 answers to this question

Check out the Help system on <Edit><Copy Special> and then <Paste Special>
That will allow you to copy Meter/Key signatures as well as a slew of other items and then paste them elsewhere.

P.S. The help 'manual' should be available as an update to be downloaded to a local drive and be searchable. Then check the radio box in the Preferences under <File><Advanced><Always use Local Help>.

Edited by OutrageProductions

On 3/19/2023 at 12:14 PM, JohnnyV said:

Or use the arranger? 

How? Time signatures and tempo changes are independent from the Arranger Track.

After fiddling around with that a bit, I see what you mean. It's fairly easy to break, however.

Here's what I mean. Here, I want a sequence that's 7/8, 9/8 then 5/8 twice. I do the time signatures first, then create the section. Then I start duplicating it so it repeats in this sequence. The first and the second do that, but...

image.png.ce025be40fd957926157ec237cc35ec5.png

For some reason, the third one decided it doesn't want to do that. It only respects that if I duplicate the first one and only the first one.

Sure, you could use Ripple Editing to do that and, while that does work, you're not safe from the same issue:

image.png.3ee6ca7d4a8339764f7f868ccc65a8ed.png

Why did it do it right until bar 20, then it stopped working? Simply because I wanted to make the workflow faster and copied more than one section.

Edited by Bruno de Souza Lino
  • Like 1