Audio Engine Dropout after 2 years of using Cakewalk

Captivitas

Question

5 answers to this question

Been searching for the problem for days now and I think I found it. The drive I have all projects on and all VSTs seems to be the problem. I saved the tune to another drive and now it works for some reason. Many of my older projects are corrupt or cant even be opened. This is a sad moment even though Im happy I found the problem eventually. Need to get a new SSD and start over again...

EDIT: It was not the HD. It was the port or cable on the motherboard. Switched to another port and so far everything seems fine :). Can't understand though that a faulty port or cable can cause error like this. I thought that if a port/cable is faulty I would not be able to access the HD at all. It was only when I unplugged it and re plugged it again that it would not even boot windows so that was when I changed port.

Edited by Captivitas
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

This could be really anything, you haven't really told us anything about your computer specs, operating system version, which audio interface, which version of Cakewalk is installed, etc.

If this used to work OK in the past, my money is on something you've installed, or some system or program update that's causing an issue somehow.

There's a lot of smart and helpful people here on the forum, so the more info you can provide, the more you'll be able to get some help to fix it.

10 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Also check your network activity... I've been caught out on at least 3 occasions in my studio, wasting an hour or so trying to troubleshoot drop-out issues only to find that Windows was downloading an update in the background.

But the momentary pop up if there is one tells you to "Keep on doing what you're doing." 🤣