PRV Control Data + Event List WHEEL stuff

sadicus

on PLAY the Piano track makes a terrible out of tune 'wobble' sound. The Event List shows "WHEEL"
this was not intentional, and the MOD WHEEL was not used, yet here we are.

Why doesn't the wheel data display on the Track Lane? I was hoping to see a visual of this monstrosity.
Is there a way to get the Wheel data to display in the Trak view?

UPDATE:
In Piano roll view the PRV "WHEEL" Control Data is visible  it's also showing up 5 times. The Track View is not Displaying the recorded Wheel data.

cbb_MIDI_Wheel1.jpg

cbb_MIDI_Wheel.jpg

Edited by sadicus

Unfortunately, I have had this same problem, and it was due to a faulty midi keyboard hardware: sometimes the wheel transmits a tiny signal, and it gets recorded in the midi track.

Over time, I found that by disconnecting/reconnecting the power of the keyboard, it stopped transmitting this unwanted Wheel data. 

Before that, I just got used to erase all wheel data using Edit/Select/By Filter/Wheel over the whole midi tracks.

It's very annoying, thou.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andres Medina said:

Unfortunately, I have had this same problem, and it was due to a faulty midi keyboard hardware: sometimes the wheel transmits a tiny signal, and it gets recorded in the midi track.

Over time, I found that by disconnecting/reconnecting the power of the keyboard, it stopped transmitting this unwanted Wheel data. 

Before that, I just got used to erase all wheel data using Edit/Select/By Filter/Wheel over the whole midi tracks.

It's very annoying, thou.

From the screenshot, it looks very much like this issue.

I've had the same issue myself with modulation wheels.  Sometimes you can get away with just cleaning it  or opening it up and re-seating the potentiometer (it can slip, so the wheel never reaches zero).  As a last resort you could disconnect it completely.... or just get a new keyboard... but try cleaning or reseating it first.

• Like 2