Her Blues - updated

Keith Wilby

I fancied doing a bit of a blues tune in 6/4 time, so I started with a working title of "Her Blues" (as in "Yer Blues").

So then it came to needing lyrics, and I'd warmed to the idea of the song being about a woman with some "blues". By the time I'd finished them I realised they were about Prince Harry's husband Meghan - someone who loves to tell you how bad her life is even though it isn't, the kind of person you'd hate to be stuck in a lift with.

So the first verse (damn, that's two sentences I've started with "so") has the narrator warning someone else to avoid her by making an excuse and walking away from her, and in the second verse it's me walking away from her, and you'd better not get in my way 🤣

Comments invited as always 👍

https://www.bandlab.com/post/7f76f432-e6b8-ed11-a8e0-000d3a3f8f45

Edited by Keith Wilby
New link to final master
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Keith Wilby said:

By the time I'd finished them I realised they were about Prince Harry's husband Meghan

Personally, I'd have said 'wife' but - then again - who knows these days! 😂

Loved that Keith, all the elements are there, very cool guitar leads (is that you playing?), a bit of Hammond thrown in, nice walking bass and killer BGVs (some of those oohs might overpower the lead vocal a hair in places, but I was listening on headphones.

Great job.

Andy

16 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

Personally, I'd have said 'wife' but - then again - who knows these days! 😂

Loved that Keith, all the elements are there, very cool guitar leads (is that you playing?), a bit of Hammond thrown in, nice walking bass and killer BGVs (some of those oohs might overpower the lead vocal a hair in places, but I was listening on headphones.

Great job.

Andy

Hi Andy, everyone knows that it's Meghan that wears the trousers 😄

Yes those are my fists of ham on the lead guitar. I'd play better if I knew how to use more than two fingers on the fretboard. One day perhaps.

Yes I agree, the mix needs some attention and I'm on it. Thanks for the feedback 👍

3 hours ago, Keith Wilby said:

Yes those are my fists of ham on the lead guitar. I'd play better if I knew how to use more than two fingers on the fretboard. One day perhaps.

Disagree Keith - I thought it sounded pretty good.

Agree on Meghan 😂

• Thanks 1

Listening on Bose cans, so take this with a grain of salt. The bass is right up front and present. The guitar solos seem a bit drowned in the reverb consequently. 
Enjoyed the tune.

t

I actually kind of liked Megan in Suits. Don’t follow the royal family, so pretty much have ignored all the drama 🤷