Wookiee

A Flattened 3rd

Yes, nice indeed, and it occurs to me that a certain Netflix show's popularity forces comparisons upon this genre, pretty much forever. I shall not name the show in act of protest, because the '80's were there first. It's basically cultural appropriation at work.

I liked the tones you chose all the way through. I might call it a bit busy in melody for the "ambient" tag but who cares. It's a fun journey indeed.

cheers,

-Tom

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, amiller said:

Wow, very soundscape/cinematic.  I really liked this one.

I thought this was very cool.

• Thanks 1

Wookie
Nice choice of synths over the filter sweeps. Sounds like you had a fun improv session.

• Thanks 1

That was cool Wookiee - I enjoyed it.  I really liked the sound of that lead synth - almost sounded like a talk box for a guitar.

• Thanks 1

@bjornpdx thank you for the listen and kind words.

@Douglas Kirby thank you as well not got the DAW fired up at the moment but I think it was Arturia's DX7, but it might not be I used Ample Sounds free P-Bass for the Bass, Korg's M1 and a couple of other Arturia synths.

Hi Wookiee.  I think one of the traits of music is that it should create some kind of feeling or emotion (e.g., happy, sad, introspective, crazy joy, etc., etc.)  You always seem to weave notes and sounds and landscapes that draw a person in and really create a feeling (like the terms soundscape and cinematic above).  This song is no exception. Well done!!!

• Thanks 1

Hey John, the furry paws are still working their magic ;)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rik said:

Hey John, the furry paws are still working their magic ;)

@Rik nice to hear from you how are you, been a while since we heard from you.  Thank you for your kind words.  Look forward to hearing something from you.

• Like 1

Very cool and evocative.  Reminded me a little of the soundtrack from the game Superbrothers Sword and Sworcery, which is one of my faves.

• Thanks 1

Can't believe I just noticed that I FAILED to hit "like"...sorry Wookiee..

• Like 1