Ghost Riders In The Sky ..Low Bass Singer Cover , Geoff Castellucci

kennywtelejazz

We interupt  this thread with an important Public Service Announcement !!!

If you have ever wanted to keep your girlfriend , wife or adult daughter safe at home,  I caution you to keep this important message in mind .

Under no circumstance are you to ever play music from this artist or this song for the women in your life  ...

Here's the concrete proof of how women have been generaly known to react to his singing and looks .

Now lf on the other hand , you happen to like the adventure of sneaking in your newley purchased musical equipment on the downlow into your studio .  All done with out the watchful eye of your signifacant other keeping track of your music budget ,

Then by all means crank up your studio monitors and play "the warden " a tune sung by  Geoff.

Gentlemen I can assure you that you will thank me someday in the near future for the wisdom of this "sound musical advice "xD

Your signifacant other will have been way too distracted to have noticed you have just snuck in 3 new Strats , a Les Paul and a brand new mixer into your studio .😉

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Haha 2

Spent a week in the ICU a few years back, intubated, which messed up my voice and brought it down a bit. Not quite as low as that gentleman, but still lower than it was before. My (ex)wife HATED it for some reason - but other ladies LOVE it.  Me, I thought it was amusing, so I went ahead and recorded a little poem by Baudelaire for fun. 

Edited by Rain
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rain said:

Spent a week in the ICU a few years back, intubated, which messed up my voice and brought it down a bit. Not quite as low as that gentleman, but still lower than it was before. My (ex)wife HATED it for some reason - but other ladies LOVE it.  Me, I thought it was amusing, so I went ahead and recorded a little poem by Baudelaire for fun. 

Wow Rain!  you got way down low with the vocal range on that video ....Our new friend likes it :P

m5dHCdX.jpg

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 5:08 PM, John Vere said:

Very cool but I'd say a lot of Melodyne involved ( or? ) 

As far as proper recording and sound production value goes ....I suspect who ever was doing the recording for this material used a healthy dose of compresion , eq , proper combined with proper use of levels and space in the mix ...that's all a given when it comes time to tighten up things in post production .

Melodyne ? I wasn't there and I doubt if it was used much if at all .Geoff don't need it 🤗

I'm going with the ( or? ) ,

After doing a deep dive of his music I found out Geoff  has been putting out top shelf vocal and theatrical performances for at least ten years on the internet . Geoff's singing the bass  parts as an ensemble member of the vocal group VoicePlay have already created quite a stir in the accapella music comunity .

For the most part he  is just an insanly tallented singer and performer as demonstrated here in this couple of u tube videos .

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1