Possible comping bug

Max Arwood

13 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

Click on the track's DB scale to increase the graphic size on some take lanes. Save the file and reopen. The enlarged waveform graphics are reset to the default size.

Is it possible you are using a Workspace that reloads the DB scale?  I don't remember if the DB scale is saved/restored and I don't have the time at the moment to double check.  If DB scale does get saved and restored from a Workspace, try saving the workspace with a new name so you can retain the previous setting.

See update posted below.  In short, Workspace didn't save / reload DB scale for take lanes.

Edited by User 905133
edited based on quick test (result posted below)
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

Click on the track's DB scale to increase the graphic size on some take lanes. Save the file and reopen. The enlarged waveform graphics are reset to the default size.

Yes, this is the case! The scale is only kept on the track level.

I noticed it a long time ago. But as there are still worse issues, I haven't reacted to this one! 😄

• Like 1

• Results of quick test:
    • confirmed DB scale on take lanes does get reset after saving / reopening project
    • Workspace didn't save / reload DB scale for take lanes
    •  confirmed a prior issue with muted / soloed takes upon reloading a saved project still exists
      • soloed take doesn't sound unless it is re-soloed
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, fossile said:

any test with the global metering settings? maybe those will be retained for the take lanes?

I remember I tested saving / restoring some meters via Workspaces a couple of years ago.  There was some discussion in the forum about saving / restoring meters.  IIRC someone from staff made some observations.  I also recall going back and possibly the behavior had been changed.  Not sure.  I will look for the discussion.

This is one discussion I found. Its not about scaling in take lanes, though.

Edited by User 905133
to add an internal link to another forum post