Spitfire Labs Freeforms!

cclarry

I love the idea of making virtual instruments more accessible (freely available), encouraging more people to make music and using proceeds from the music people make to help others (although getting people to pay is the most challenging part of the equation). I'd  love to see efforts like this succeed. Even though it's designed to increase brand awareness and adoption of thr Spitfire brand, it does do good things for society,  so I'm good with marketing efforts that are also beneficial to society,  especially if they benefit people who otherwise may have access issues, such as those who are low income or disabled. 

But what is Spitfire doing to promote this is the big question. It looks like an empty space made when they're just brainstorming ideas. But I do hope they make it a success. They/Christian did a fantastic job with Pianobook,  IMO. It would be great to see that kind of success encouraging people to make and share music. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

I agree; there's lots of potential here. 

All tracks are pay-what-you-want and all money raised will be donated to a charity or cause of the artists choice.

Artists can specify charities and maybe they could even specify charities for their individual tunes. Someone who uses the foghorn might want the proceeds to go to restoration projects. Another artist might want contributed space music tunes to go to science/space exploration.  There's potential to tap into donations from existing dedicated communities.

• Other ideas:
    • Tunes using string libraries to benefit music education, community orchestras, etc.
    • Low-income artists specifying neighborhood/regional artist organizations
Edited by User 905133
to add other examples of artists designating charities; edit
  • Great Idea 1

12 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

I agree; there's lots of potential here.  Maybe someday artists will be able to specify charities for their individual tunes. Someone who uses the foghorn might want the proceeds to go to restoration projects. Another artist might want contributed space music tunes to go to science/space exploration.  There's potential to tap into donations from existing dedicated communities.

• Other ideas:
    • Tunes using string libraries to benefit music education, community orchestras, etc.
    • Low-income artists specifying neighborhood/regional artist organizations

I think those are great ideas. Maybe when they get this rolling you can reach out to Spitfire or there community to share your ideas, because I personally think your ideas are absolutely good enough that they should be heard -- and I'd LOVE to see them implemented. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

I think those are great ideas. Maybe when they get this rolling you can reach out to Spitfire or there community to share your ideas, because I personally think they're absolutely good enough that they should be heard. 

Done.  There's no time like the present. Thanks for the encouragement.

• Like 1