Dirk's Farewell Sale ANY 4 PLUGINS Made by BX for $49.99

alacantec

For sure! In my case, I have a Macbook M1 Pro. Generally speaking, all plugins works fine. In the case of non-native apple silicon processors, the software runs under an emulator called Rosetta.  Imagine using your plugins in windows with a virtual machine.

What happens to me? I cannot assign more than 6 or 8 instances of non native plugins. The solution? run everything under Rosetta, in that case there is another incompatibilities and lack of performance. I tried to use brauer method using IK Multimedia compressors: with the previous versions, it was impossible. Now, they're natively compatible and they run smooooooth.

In the case of Lindell 50 series, it's one of the plugins you want native, because it is intended to be put in every channel and bus. The reality? Is it not going to be updated anymore. It's not in any list and it seems to be abandonware. Zero problem for windows, zero problem if you run it with Rosetta until you put more and more instances.

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Leandro Álvarez said:

For sure! In my case, I have a Macbook M1 Pro. Generally speaking, all plugins works fine. In the case of non-native apple silicon processors, the software runs under an emulator called Rosetta.  Imagine using your plugins in windows with a virtual machine.

What happens to me? I cannot assign more than 6 or 8 instances of non native plugins. The solution? run everything under Rosetta, in that case there is another incompatibilities and lack of performance. I tried to use brauer method using IK Multimedia compressors: with the previous versions, it was impossible. Now, they're natively compatible and they run smooooooth.

In the case of Lindell 50 series, it's one of the plugins you want native, because it is intended to be put in every channel and bus. The reality? Is it not going to be updated anymore. It's not in any list and it seems to be abandonware. Zero problem for windows, zero problem if you run it with Rosetta until you put more and more instances.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Rosetta emulated plugins.

I was really curious, having read many times about low performance under Rosetta, but I wasn’t aware about the number of loaded plugins limit under Rosetta, being a Windows laptop user myself.

I have a few of their plugins. Had not been privy to any of the company politics. I had the feeling PA would prefer a subscription, but offer paid plug ins because apparently, there either isn't enough revenue coming from subs or they figure they will try to get a little extra $$ from those of us who don't want to catch subitus.

PA isn't the only one. Businesses diversify as many income streams as they can get, even is they are small. Small is better than nothing.(we are striclty on the subject of plugins here ).....anyways, moving on.....I don't stay in one fish bowl and PA is a fish bowl, so on principle I won't ever become lifetime all in patron. I usually buy my plugins one at a time unless I buy a package that includes a whole bunch. Waves was an exception for me, but I haven't been wupped much.