8DIO Emotional Anthology Strings Flash Sale

cclarry

45 minutes ago, cclarry said:

This is one of the 8Dio libraries I've seen praised the most in forums. I actually bought it the last time it was on sale, but have yet to buy a new hard drive to fit it on (seriously). If anyone who uses it wants to chime in with their take. 

If anyone has never bought from 8Dio before and wants to buy this, you can PM me for an additional $15 USD off. 

This is a great value (I think they ran the same deal a few months ago?)

Of all the 8Dio libraries I own, this one gets the most use by far. It's not perfect, but I think you can do a lot with it, and for $50 its a great way for folks to venture into orchestral stuff without breaking the bank.

I use the Legatos (mainly Legato I), as those patches are super-schmaltzy and in your face. The legato transitions are big and bold, and just outrageous to my ears. When I need an over-the-top string line they are my goto, and so they remain in my template even though I have a ton of other string libraries.  I've never had any problems blending them with my other libraries, although it can take some eq work and careful mic adjustment. 

I don't like the shorts, as they just don't sound natural to my ears. The trems and pizz are useable, although I have better options that I'd turn to first before I fired up the Anthology versions. The chamber patches have never really interested me, and the solo string patches are way less playable than my other solo string libs, so I never use them. 

But if all you had is Anthology, all of the above could be made to work pretty well. It's a lot of library for $50, regardless of its rough areas and age spots. 

Just my two cents. As always, workflow and library preferences are pretty personal thing and so YMMV.

Rob

• Like 4

On 1/6/2023 at 9:55 AM, PavlovsCat said:

If anyone has never bought from 8Dio before and wants to buy this, you can PM me for an additional $15 USD off. 

PM sent. I have been waiting for a flash sale on this one. I think Anthology only came down to $90 for black Friday.

• Like 2