Plugin Default - Give all Keystrokes to Plugin

sadicus

Thanks Glenn! I've used Sonar/CbB for over 15 years and didn't know that. It can come in really handy.

It also works for some third-party plug-ins, but not all. For example, Blue Cat's Connector doesn't show the "Give all keystrokes" button:

image.png.dbb49c75da2c9b69e6b2f42f49a8bc2b.png

That causes problems when trying to enter a custom name in place of "Anonymous." Some letters will activate CbB shortcuts instead of going into the new name. Does anyone know of a way to turn on the "Give all keystrokes" option when the button is not available?

19 minutes ago, Tim Elmore said:

Thanks Glenn! I've used Sonar/CbB for over 15 years and didn't know that. It can come in really handy.

It also works for some third-party plug-ins, but not all. For example, Blue Cat's Connector doesn't show the "Give all keystrokes" button:

image.png.dbb49c75da2c9b69e6b2f42f49a8bc2b.png

That causes problems when trying to enter a custom name in place of "Anonymous." Some letters will activate CbB shortcuts instead of going into the new name. Does anyone know of a way to turn on the "Give all keystrokes" option when the button is not available?

This shows the 32bit version of the plug-in loaded in BitBridge.

You should be using the 64bit version of BC Connector in CbB and all other 64bit VST hosts.

For VST plug-ins that have no 64bit version, to reveal the standard VST header for plug-ins loaded by BitBridge, hold down the ALT key while adding the plug-in or opening its UI. The standard header is in a separate window usually behind the plug-in UI.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

On 12/30/2022 at 12:34 PM, sadicus said:

Is there an option to set every Plugins Default to: "Give all Keystrokes to Plugin"?
several times I look up and notice the entire UI has hanged or an edit has occurred because I thought the changes were to the plugin.

-- you want to enable "give all keystrokes to plugin" as the default setting across all plugins? meaning when i give focus to a plugin, the default is set to ensure all keystrokes are applied to the selected plugin. 

i might go one step further - remember the enable or disable mode for each plugin - as well as global default - this way i can decide which plugins will use the keyboard to set values (assuming i can either have a default control to alter, or tab / shift-tab to a control), and others will not respond to the keyboard input (e.g. i want to use a mouse or control surface knob).