Death of a Monster Power pro3500

PhonoBrainer

10 yrs of service as power conditioner and rfi filterer. Now intermittent off and on. 10 yrs, not a bad run.

Looking for a new unit, I have irregular voltage, 119 to 124, very swingy back and forth. Maybe I need a voltage regulator as much as a surge protector?

Could get away with 6 or 8 usable outlets.

Any winners come to mind???

Thanks much,

-Tom

Edited by PhonoBrainer

Tom

I have used something like this  in the past - it does help with fluctuating current (i have a similar issue) - you have to make sure the UPS is line interactive, not just a standard UPS

https://www.amazon.com/APC-Interactive-BVK750M2-Charging-Uninterruptible/dp/B0B3F7Z3CL/ref=sr_1_4?crid=29UPHJDHY20DO&keywords=A%2Bline%2Binteractive%2BUPS&qid=1671368984&sprefix=a%2Bline%2Binteractive%2Bups%2B%2Caps%2C638&sr=8-4&th=1

I also use furman conditioners - belt and braces!!

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/M8x2--furman-m-8x2-power-conditioner

Nigel

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've got the exact same unit -- still working 11 and a half years after purchase!  Saw it on a Circuit City clearance rack (No box) with a price tag of $89... According to the manager it had been hooked up to their home theater system for at least a year.  The store was now about 98% empty of stock as it was closing its doors for good the next day.  I almost bought the unit right then, but decided to risk waiting until the next day, hoping that the manager would be more desperate to get rid of it being the last day.

The gamble paid off.  The next morning I walked out of there with the 3500,  having paid $70 plus tax.  I was just proud of myself for getting such a great deal, and really didn't expect to get much benefit from it -- but was shocked at how it cleaned up the power in my old apartment building!  Before that, I was used to constant dropouts and static in the audio, which all went away after I plugged in the 3500!  Too bad the company went belly up.  Can't say I'm surprised when they marketed $100 HDMI cables, but from my experience with their power conditioner, they certainly were capable of making quality products.

Edited by JonD
  • Like 1