Sound Particles Black Friday Sale

cclarry

2 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I would have posted it, but it was already posted 4 minutes before from the guy who never sneeze before posting a deal.

We've literally seen a number of developers and retail site owners post their sales AFTER Larry already posted them. In some cases, we've  seen their humble acknowledgement that they can't compete with Larry. So we can't feel bad when we mere mortals fail to get a post up before Larry.

On the rare times I have, I'm like, wait, there's a grammatical error I need to fix before I post. But if I correct that error  Larry's post will be up and someone will inevitably come along and write some snarky post directed at me. I think I've earned enough cred with Larry over the years where he respects my efforts and appreciates my enthusiasm,  however short it may fall of Larry-speed if I made a post that duplicated one of his. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

8 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

We've literally seen a number of developers and retail site owners post their sales AFTER Larry already posted them. In some cases, we've  seen their humble acknowledgement that they can't compete with Larry. So we can't feel bad when we mere mortals fail to get a post up before Larry.

On the rare times I have, I'm like, wait, there's a grammatical error I need to fix before I post. But if I correct that error  Larry's post will be up and someone will inevitably come along and write some sparky post directed at me. I think I've earned enough cred with Larry over the years where he respects my efforts and appreciates my enthusiasm,  however short it may fall of Larry-speed if I made a post that duplicated one of his. 

On some occasions I made an incomplete posting  to edit later, with at least the title to be sure my post would be quick enough. All that while sweating a lot, hoping I’m not already too late.

Edited by Yan Filiatrault

1 minute ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

On some occasions I made an incomplete posting  to edit later, with at least the title to be sure my post would be quick enough.

See, this is what Larry's super human speed at posting deals has done to us! And Yan, are you also thinking, I don't want to have this go up late and deal with someone's sparky post? 

Dead serious,  I really dislike when people are rude about anything,  but when I see people being rude over someone posting a deal a little after someone else, it's so petty and nasty-- why do that stuff folks. Make it funny. Don't make someone trying to help the community feel bad. People trying their best, even if they get something wrong,  deserve our appreciation. Soapbox over. Just be kind to each other. It's as simple as that.