Any Dance loops out there?

Lukasz

Um, yeah, I mean, from my perspective, there ain't that many loops out there that AREN'T dance music in some form or other. I haven't checked Bandlab Assistant lately, but last time I did, dance music made up the largest percentage of what was available. Maybe you need to drill down into more specific subgenres when you hit the search engines. Deep house or trance or whatever specific flavor of loops you are seeking?

W.A. Production has tons of dance music loop packages, Computer Music  issues a handful of loop and sample packages every month for free download....

• Like 1

Ooops.  I wrote this draft yesterday, looked at what dance loops I had picked up, and never came back to it.  

On 10/23/2022 at 3:13 PM, Lukasz said:

Any Dance loops out there?  I haven't seen any in Assistant? Im working on my new electronic music project :) 

"Dance" seems very broad.  Maybe contact Bandlab and ask for some specific genres of dance? As for loops "out there," I see people selling all sorts of loops.  I can't imagine there aren't different styles of dance being offered. 

Also, try Googling "Dance Loops;" there seems to be a lot of them available.

Also, some plug-in/instrument makers include loops.

Edited by User 905133
fixed typo
  • Great Idea 1

On 10/24/2022 at 4:00 PM, User 905133 said:

Also, some plug-in/instrument makers include loops.

1 hour ago, Lukasz said:

How do In use a plugin maker for Dance,  I don't have those devices, all I can use is Laptop for mixing music.

Let me explain my comment.  Some software synths have sounds (sometimes called "presets") that repeat (loop) when a key on a keyboard is pressed. Many software synths (sometimes called "plugins," "VSTs," "Virtual instruments," etc.) have sounds that can be used for dance music.

For example, instead using loops that other have made, you can use the sounds that come with software synths.

When I said "some plugin/instrument makers include loops," I meant "some software synths" available from different makers/developers/sellers have looping sounds you could use.

I hope this clarifies my comment.  

image.png.86eea890feddc1d83928b7c7e71b0aa8.png

Cakewalk's Virtual Keyboard Controller - no other devices needed!!!

image.png.bbd19e68df7c78831cc320e8d7d79115.png

Edited by User 905133
to add an image as an example of Dance presets

There are free sample packs released with every issue of Computer Music magazine. The download archive is here: https://www.filesilo.co.uk/ComputerMusic

For example, there are 10,000 samples in this issue: https://www.filesilo.co.uk/computer-music-300/

The collections contain wave files of loops and one-shots of various instruments, styles, and genres. You will need a good sample manager program if you start collecting "free-range" samples. Check out the free ADSR Sample Manager: https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/software/adsr-sample-manager/

These samples can either be dragged as-is directly into an audio track on the DAW timeline, or imported into a soft synth or sampler that can play back and manipulate samples for recording into a track via a controller or virtual keyboard.

Edited by abacab
  • Great Idea 1