Gone Hollywood

noynekker

Hey Everyone . . . something I've been tinkering with recently . . . a bit different for me, since I had lyrics completed first (guess we just call that a poem) then built a vocal + song + chord structure afterwards, poof, a song . . . let me know if it needs more tinkering ?

• Like 2

Bruce , Fantastic space around the "tight" instrumentation. I really liked the energy this one had from the beginning to the very end. You did a Steller job on the main vocals and also all the harmony. Superb job on everything ! If I were to tinker with anything , it might be to brighten the main vocal a little. The last chorus and outro seemed brighter , probably your singing changed a little as you went on. It also seemed to be leaning a little bit to the left  ??   I reversed my headphones and the lean followed.  I'm listening on a laptop with "not so flat" headphones , so the EQ suggestion may just be my monitoring.   Anyway  ..  Great writing and performance !     Loved it          mark

@mark skinner

@KSband

Thanks for the positive feedback, much appreciated !

Yes Mark, I hear what you mean about the vocal EQ, a little too thick in the bottom, and I also listened on some different systems today and concluded the Kick really needs more definition in the mix, a certain higher mid frequency to help it punch through, I think the overall drum feel would be better . . . so still working it some more.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi

Enjoyed this, a good song. well performed and I thought the mix was pretty good - noticed your remarks re the drums - what are you using for drums on this?

Cool

Nigel

Hey Nigel . . . FYI, the drum programming here is BFD3

Thanks for having a listen !