Track CC idea.

rfssongs

I would prefer that these things were part of the controls next to reverb & chorus so they could all be part of a track template & would be easier to play with but:

My solution looks like this

__CC Track.mid

image.png.b884317ada103506e198d37e219199e2.png

This is a snip of my event list. Since these events can't be a part of the track template I drag this bit off to a midi directory for this purpose. I name them to match the track template and pair them up when I want that sound. I insert this on the track & record as sound on sound so it does not erase the data.  

File above is for anyone who is interested.

37 minutes ago, rfssongs said:

I would prefer that these things were part of the controls next to reverb & chorus so they could all be part of a track template & would be easier to play with but:

My solution looks like this

__CC Track.mid 509 B · 0 downloads

image.png.b884317ada103506e198d37e219199e2.png

This is a snip of my event list. Since these events can't be a part of the track template I drag this bit off to a midi directory for this purpose. I name them to match the track template and pair them up when I want that sound. I insert this on the track & record as sound on sound so it does not erase the data.  

File above is for anyone who is interested.

Are you talking about having text reminders in dedicated midi track so you know why you are using certain CC parameters and CC values?

Edited by User 905133

The text is a reminder that is a part of the midi clip that I drag into the file, yes. The idea is to have this standard clip ready to go when I need it & also to have specific midi clips to work with & named for specific sounds. Those sounds are often in my track templates group.

It works for me.

Thanks for the explanation. I used to use index cards as a reminder of which knobs and sliders were set up for different CCs/parameters. Now I have tiny stickers with the CCs numbers below the knobs and above the sliders and I tend to use CCs numbers consistently for parameters. So, I am a fan of reminders.

Out of curiosity, did you try adding the text comments to an instrument definition?

image.png.780a310e27d92b0c964fc767c35c2dcc.png

"Out of curiosity, did you try adding the text comments to an instrument definition?"

I don't think that is possible. However if you have favorite sounds you can create track templates with those sounds. (at least for midi tracks) Since Windows allows fairly long file names you can make your own description there. I group my track templates in folders by the kind of instrument it is. Piano, bass etc...

I use external sounds. I have no idea how all this works for plug in sounds.

Chorus and Reverb ( CC91 / CC93 ) are already on the MIDI Track.

If you enable Assignable Controls, you can control up to another 4 of them - not your whole list obviously, but at least you'll get 6 of them.  Saving the track as a track template will retain the assignable controls:

image.png.85a2a3156038f32e4ee660efd752548e.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

Chorus and Reverb ( CC91 / CC93 ) are already on the MIDI Track.

If you enable Assignable Controls, you can control up to another 4 of them - not your whole list obviously, but at least you'll get 6 of them.  Saving the track as a track template will retain the assignable controls:

image.png.85a2a3156038f32e4ee660efd752548e.png

I have never seen that & I've been using the program for 30 years, Great Thank you.