cakewalk Slow performance when playing video

Malinois

Question

Let me tell you about the performance of the PC

CPU : Amd Ryzen 7 3700X 8Core Processor
RAM : 64GB
SSD : M.2 Seagate FireCuda 520 SSD ZP200GM30002
GPU : Nvida Gforce RTX 3060

It's set like this, but strangely, when you play a video on a cakewalk, the frame slows down.
My audio driver is WASAPI Shared and I also use a virtual instrument, and it doesn't matter when I'm working on other things, but as mentioned above, using video tracks causes frame drops.

Tell me why

2 hours ago, scook said:
9 hours ago, Lord Tim said:

That's the big limitation of the Microsoft library used in the default video engine in Cakewalk.

fixed

That's the big limitation of the Microsoft library Cakewalk decided to use as the default video engine when no-one else does...

On 10/14/2022 at 3:24 AM, Mark Mitchell said:

Apologies for not starting my own topic - it just seemed to be very related.

No worries. I meant to point it out for clarification sake, not shame you.😄

On 10/14/2022 at 3:24 AM, Mark Mitchell said:

During the night the feeling  was settling in on me that I will probably have to move to Cubase - as that is the Windows tool relied on by a good number of respected composers for film are using. 

Much as I dig Cakewalk, there is something to be said for using the software that is standard in your industry. It makes it easier to find advice, and the manufacturer will have more invested in your specific application of the program. And from what I've learned by participating over at Vi-Control (if you don't know about that forum, I recommend it for someone learning scoring) Cubase (and Pro Tools) rule the scoring world. And Steinberg have dropped that nasty dongle activation thing.

That said, if you find that certain operations have you longing for Cakewalk, you can probably switch back to it for some phases, such as mixing (at this point, I would hate to be without Cakewalk's Console).

My video workflow is that I finish the audio in Cakewalk, then import it to Vegas Pro to do video editing, then render the finished video from Vegas. But since I'm making YouTube videos for my songs, I'm cutting the video to the audio rather than the other way around.