Steinberg Mastering Bundle - WaveLab Pro 11 + Spectralayers 9 Pro

Sander Verstraten

New deal from Steinberg:

WaveLab Pro 11 + Spectralayers 9 Pro from $499

Limited to just 1000 units, with the Mastering Super Bundle you can be the true master of your music by adding the unique workflow of WaveLab Pro to the unparalleled spectral editing of SpectraLayers Pro at a fantastic price. Only available as a download from the Steinberg Online Shop, get two exceptional professional audio solutions for the price of one!

https://www.steinberg.net/promotion/mastering-bundle/

• Like 3

Always with major version upgrades...that have to be paid for. I bought SpectraLayers 5. Paid for the v6 upgrade. Then said 'f' it and wound up with a superior product that I've only had to pay for upgrading once (it's seen a bunch of v7 updates for free). The Pro version costs 199,90 € and includes a bunch of excellent audio repair plugins. It's super fast, has a much better looking UI that SpectraLayers, has an excellent spectral editor and handles up to 7.1 audio source material. An all-around great audio editor.

Acon Digital Acoustica Pro

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, John Maar said:

Always with major version upgrades...that have to be paid for. I bought SpectraLayers 5. Paid for the v6 upgrade. Then said 'f' it and wound up with a superior product that I've only had to pay for upgrading once (it's seen a bunch of v7 updates for free). The Pro version costs 199,90 € and includes a bunch of excellent audio repair plugins. It's super fast, has a much better looking UI that SpectraLayers, has an excellent spectral editor and handles up to 7.1 audio source material. An all-around great audio editor.

Acon Digital Acoustica Pro

I love them (Acoustica Premium and SL Pro) both, I use them both. At least each new SL version comes with some meaningful improvements in contrast to iZoNope’s RX Advanced :)

I got my SL Pro 6 copy bundled with Sound Forge Pro 14 Suite with a free SL Pro 7 upgrade included. Then upgraded it myself to 8 and then 9 and I didn’t regret it. Upgrades immediately after the release date are always somewhat discounted.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marina said:

I love them (Acoustica Premium and SL Pro) both, I use them both. At least each new SL version comes with some meaningful improvements in contrast to iZoNope’s RX Advanced :)

I got my SL Pro 6 copy bundled with Sound Forge Pro 14 Suite with a free SL Pro 7 upgrade included. Then upgraded it myself to 8 and then 9 and I didn’t regret it. Upgrades immediately after the release date are always somewhat discounted.

I have enough trouble getting competent with one tool. 😋 I have licenses for Reaper and SPlat (SONAR Platinum) and Ableton, but just use Studio One Pro. Works for me. I respect those who can be effective with multiple DAWs and other complex tools. I don't have the patience (TBI from American football in 1965; been dealing with it ever since; music is therapy for me), and don't make or take the time.

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1

LOL, I got to use SpectraLayers Pro 8 like twice. I had another program that caused issues, so restored an image, loaded Pro 8, then the other software did it again. After restoring that same image, I got the "this upgrade has already been used" when trying to install Pro 8, so it shows in the installer as owning Pro 8, but it doesn't install, and doing that disabled Pro 7 (that particular point was the last straw). The hardware never changed so the re-activation site went no where. When I sent a detailed message to Steinberg, I never heard back from them. I just did another image restore and that brought Pro 7 back, but the lack of Steinberg support led me to obliterate all other Steinberg software on this machine. I am not going to pay a company that doesn't seem to care about their product; if they don't care, I shouldn't either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, John Maar said:

I have enough trouble getting competent with one tool. 😋 I have licenses for Reaper and SPlat (SONAR Platinum) and Ableton, but just use Studio One Pro. Works for me. I respect those who can be effective with multiple DAWs and other complex tools. I don't have the patience (TBI from American football in 1965; been dealing with it ever since; music is therapy for me), and don't make or take the time.

I could only agree with you on this. In my case it’s just out of pure enthusiasm to explore different alternatives while helping a friend with her podcast and most of my work with WaveLab, SL, Acoustica and RX is linked to dialogue. I just find that on some occasions one post tool works a little bit better than the others. Acoustica is a pretty new to me (I got it and Acon Digital DeVerberate on sale). What I see is that Acoustica’s Extract:Dialogue makes good denoise with less artifacts compared to RX Dialogue Isolate. On the other hand I wasn’t that impressed by the DeBird results, but at the absence of alternatives it’s better than nothing :) 

Music is only a hobby and I’m mainly using Cubase and Studio One + Fabfilter plugins for the mixing part and WaveLab + Fabfilter for mastering. I’m definitely not a pro (and will never be one, because my job is graphic design). Most of my software and plugins I got on sale or on Knobcloud (can’t invest that much for music production/post software) so I’m just exploring available software until I find something that works best for my needs. 

• Like 2