AAS Objeq Delay $10 @ AudioDeluxe

pseudopop

1 hour ago, abacab said:

I think that Cakewalk is mostly used by musicians

It's a great daw for musicians. I got into Cakewalk in 92' when I had those Metal Method guitar instruction videos from Doug Marks on VHS, and he recommended Cakewalk, which was merely at 3.0 then. I didn't get a copy till 5 years later though. 

Dang, I'm away from my daw for a couple weeks so I can't verify if I already have this delay plugin or not, but I feel like do and that I probably got it free. I mean I haven't used it yet but I always fire a plug-in up once after I install it and that interface looks really familiar lol

On 9/20/2022 at 9:29 AM, abacab said:

I think most studio pros around here moved on when Sonar Platinum Lifetime was shutdown.

I can definitely understand wanting to find a new tool, but QUICK in that kind of situation.

Not a Sonar user at that point, but when I read the bad news I had a "great disturbance in the Force" moment of empathy with the userbase. You know how much I participate here (including upstairs), a DAW isn't just the program, it comes with a community of users, a history, a culture.

On 9/20/2022 at 9:29 AM, abacab said:

Bapu set up a external forum for ex-Cakewalkers in case the forum was going to be completely shut down.

That was Ed? Beyondcakewalk.com? I just tried going there and I guess he finally let the domain registration lapse.

17 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I can definitely understand wanting to find a new tool, but QUICK in that kind of situation.

Not a Sonar user at that point, but when I read the bad news I had a "great disturbance in the Force" moment of empathy with the userbase. You know how much I participate here (including upstairs), a DAW isn't just the program, it comes with a community of users, a history, a culture.

That was Ed? Beyondcakewalk.com? I just tried going there and I guess he finally let the domain registration lapse.

Yes that was Ed/Bapu. And he finally shut that domain down after Cakewalk by BandLab looked like it was going to survive, thrive, and get a shiny new forum! :)

On 9/19/2022 at 11:55 AM, Peter Woods said:

Now, I'm actually going to try this plugin before the week is over. 

I think I owned for months before I really put it to the test and went "WHUUUTT??" Last couple of years I went on an acquisition rampage for basically anything that said "Glitchmachines" or "Unfiltered Audio" on it. All of those buffer-y glitch-y sound design-y delaythings.

And somewhere in there I got a license for Objeq Delay for free, I think it was a PB buy anything get this deal. I only gave it a surface glance, nice to have another delay, not too sure how their acoustic modeling fits into a delay but whatever. Then, weeks or months later, I remembered that I had this thing and tried it on a source I was trying to warp in an interesting way. WHOA, who's that inside this plug-in?

Turns out it does the crazy kind of thing that those other companies' monstrous buffy-glitchy plug-ins do, but gets more usable results more quickly. Not sure how to put it, but I find myself thinking that I'd like to put some mangle on a sound, the Glitchmachine or UfA effect will be "too much" whereas Objeq Delay definitely weirds it up, but in a more euphonic way. if that makes sense. Abacab probably knows what I mean. The other ones are definitely powerhouses of sound altering ability, but they're harder to control, and, especially, their presets sometimes result in sounds that have nothing at all to do with the source sound, they would sound the same no matter what you fed them. The presets in Objeq Delay are weird enough, but more instantly usable and attractive.

For the kind of rhythmic complication that I like to add, the thing is so good at it that it can feel like cheating. Like, "I want to do something really interesting with this sound," then I throw on Obeq Delay, and seconds later, one of the presets with a touch, if any, adjustment is perfect for the song. What it does is so interesting that it feels like it should be harder to accomplish.

• Like 1