Where is Polyphonic Elastic Audio?

IMMORTALIS

Hello there, I've used Sonar in a very basic way for some time but now wish to delve a bit deep. I am currently trying to find Polyphonic Elastic Audio. Apparently it is within the Track Window but I do not see it there. Can anyone tell me where to find it? The reason I wish to use it, is because I have only one guitar track created in Guitar Pro. But of course to give the track a sense of width, I need 2 slightly different tracks in left and right. Polyphonic Elastic Audio is the first step to achieving this. And if there is any further advice of completing this wider guitar track please let me know. Somewhere I heard that Molodyne and Audio Snap also come into the process.

Thanx in Advance. 

So... Are you using a MIDI instrument (VSTi) to create your guitar sound or do you have a wave file? Guitar Pro is a guitar notation program that has some built in sounds but is basically playing midi notes of the notation into a synthesizer instrument.

If your using a MIDI instrument then there is no need for stretching  audio. If your track is audio then to make a double you don't need to stretch it either. Just duplicate the track, pan both tracks opposite and then add a small delay (1-5 ms) to one of them. This is called the HAAS effect. If you want a true double to make the track seem wider you need to actually play it again with different timing and slight pitch differences.

There are plug-ins that mimic a double tracked instruments but they use the same principles mentioned above.

With all that being said, I don't know of any polyphonic Elastic audio. There are Elastic audio settings for when you stretch audio but it doesn't have a "polyphonic" mode.

See https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=AudioSnap.23.html

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for your help and input. Reginald St John and Scook, I really appreciate the links you have sent me. They are just what I wanted to see. I will try both to see what I feel best with. And Promidi and User 905133, someone I spoke to mentioned that Polyphonic Elastic Audio may not have anything to do with Sonar and User 905133, you were correct. Again, thank you for the links, they will be a great help.