Korg Wavestation Does not memorize the patch

Barth

Hi

On an instrument track I choose the Korg Wavestation, it's a plugin that has some banks, with many sounds in each bank.

I see that when I save the song, Cakewalk memorizes the sound bank but does not memorize the patch, so when I open the song again, it plays differently because the patch has not preserved it and it always puts patch number zero.

I have fixed this from the Even List, creating an event at the beginning of the song where it puts the bank and the patch. It works good, but I'm used to other DAWs that memorize everything automatically without the need to change anything.

Is there an option in Cakewalk so I don't have to create a program change event every time I use a new sound from WAVESTATION or another plug-in that has multiple sound banks?

Edited by Barth

Try setting the preset in the plug-in, make sure the channel, bank and preset drop downs in the MIDI/instrument track are set to None and forget about adding this info to the MIDI data.

These drop downs may be found in the MIDI/instrument (MIDI tab) track inspector "C" below

Inspectors.3.4.png

or the track header when the Track Control Manager drop down is set to All

jPDbCPI.png

1 hour ago, Wookiee said:

@Barth I can confirm that the VST 3 version of the Wavestation and the M1 do tno retain the patch saved in a project.  I would report this to support@cakewalk.com 

Yes, it looks like KORG broke their VST3 plug-ins.

I was using Wavestation VST3 v2.3.0 when posting yesterday.

After posting, I ran all the updates for KORG plug-ins.

The latest VST3 versions of Wavestation (2.3.1) and M1 (2.3.2) are ignoring the settings stored in the DAW.

Everything works as expected after reverting to Wavestation (2.3.0) and M1 (2.3.1).

Running CbB 2022.06 build 28 on Win10 Pro 21H2.

Reported to https://www.korg.com/us/support/

• Thanks 2

Oh I don't know how I looked at it yesterday, I tried after set channel, bank and preset to None, and after start CW again, it saved the patch too. I was so convinced that I have no tried it again, until I read your comments.

So I have now tried and it only saves the bank, not the patch. 

My Wavestation is VST3

• 1 month later...