Motu Digital Performer Updated to 11.11

cclarry

16 hours ago, ALC said:

I have Performer Lite that came with my M4.  Any compelling reason for me to use it?  I mainly using Studio One Pro.

If you're talking low latency audio performance, DP is the worst performing of all the major DAW apps.

Some cool features (especially for composers)... but terrible performance.

1 hour ago, Jim Roseberry said:

If you're talking low latency audio performance, DP is the worst performing of all the major DAW apps.

Some cool features (especially for composers)... but terrible performance.

Do you have data to support this ? I use DP10 alongside CbB, ProTools and Waveform, and I don't notice any major difference in low latency audio performance

2 hours ago, Pollux said:

Do you have data to support this ? I use DP10 alongside CbB, ProTools and Waveform, and I don't notice any major difference in low latency audio performance

I wouldn't make such a claim without first-hand experience.  😉

I'm always looking to push the limits of low-latency audio performance (that's my job).

With that in mind, I'm running both 12900ks and 5050x based DAWs (fastest ultra low latency performance currently available).

Antelope Thunderbolt interfaces yield super low round-trip latency.

ie: The Orion Studio Synergy Core yields 1ms total roundtrip latency at 96k using a 32-sample ASIO buffer size.

At those settings, open up an instance of Helix Native (Line-6 software plugin version of the Helix hardware guitar processor).

Load a substantial patch using something like the "Placater" (Friedman BE-100) amp model.

Run this quick test in all the major DAW applications:

• Digital Performer - audio glitches badly
  • Cakewalk - audio is mostly clean
  • Studio One - audio is completely clean
  • Nuendo - audio is completely clean
  • Cubase - audio is completely clean
  • ProTools - audio is completely clean
  • Reaper - audio is completely clean

This is a quick/easy way to get substantial load on the CPU... at extremely small buffer sizes.

DP is by far the worst performer of the bunch. 

So much so... I don't even bother installing DP on my machines.

• Thanks 1