Straight Ahead Samples Big Band Atomic Horns

cclarry

Now's the time for you to get the best price on our biggest and most impressive library yet. Pre-order now for only $429.99.*

Pre-order ends July 14th.** On release day, regular price will be $529.99.

Be one of the first composers to get your hands on this groundbreaking library. Finally, make those tracks that previously you could only imagine.

13 Instruments - including sizzling Lead Trumpet, Bass Trombone, Bari Sax and more!

All new recordings (not included in any previous libraries)

Focuses on the loud side of horn playing; all forte and fortissimo samples.

Featuring The New Standard method of sampling for a level of detail and realism never before possible.

Works seamlessly alongside of our other New Standard libraries, Birth of the Trumpet, Tenor Colossus, The Eminent Trombone and La Clarinette En Rose.

"Smart Delay" feature which analyzes dozens of details about the played phrase and intelligently selects the appropriate samples. Works in tandem with our New Standard sampling method, to eliminate the need for auditioning countless keyswitches just to create a realistic melodic phrase.

All the standard articulations required of players in this style (legato, staccatos, falls, trills, scoops, glisses, etc).

All common mutes for all brass instruments available on every sample.

Made for the free Kontakt Player

https://www.straightaheadsamples.com/atomic-big-band

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

If someone can't spend on Kontakt, will they drop 4 or 5 hundred on this? Whomever players were sampled must have been union.

Still I'd give it a listen.

They will if they want what the library offers 🙂

But yes, I think so. It is pricey, but it's not in a different ballpark to a really good orchestral brass library (e.g., VSL Synchron brass). And if you haven't played with this developer's recent horn/clarinet libraries, yet, give 'em a whirl - They. Are. Extraordinary! Jaw-droppingly gorgeous and amazing results.

The straightaheadsamples jazz libraries really are pushing boundaries with the smart delay feature. They're the best of the best at what they do IMO.

I don't know if I'll ever buy this as I don't think I'd get enough use from it to justify the cost, but I bet it's a ton of fun!

• Like 1