Sharing export presets?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2022 at 8:01 PM, Lord Tim said:

Normally with a .reg file, like this export would be, you just double-click it and it gets imported back into the registry automatically.

Yes and I would propose that you delete all the Cakewalk standard entries in the registry file, i.e. that only your own additions are in it. Like that you avoid overwriting changes of the standard BandLab export definitions (regress), unless you have changed them yourself.

4 hours ago, marled said:

Yes and I would propose that you delete all the Cakewalk standard entries in the registry file, i.e. that only your own additions are in it. Like that you avoid overwriting changes of the standard BandLab export definitions (regress), unless you have changed them yourself.

Thanks!

Uh... I'm VERY unfamiliar with the registry file.

If it's not very troublesome, can you indicate how I do that? 

This is how my own presets looks inside the referred tree:

image.thumb.png.f0ac00d5e1ea137d8c6c28eb1deeee84.png

5 hours ago, Andres Medina said:

If it's not very troublesome, can you indicate how I do that? 

1. On the left side right click the key {FD39...} and select export.
  2. Save the key with all its contents to a .reg file (location and name to your taste)
  3. Open it in a text editor (it is a text file)
  4. In it don't change the beginning with the key definition etc. but you can remove the blocks below (that start with the export definition names), that are not your own definitions as I proposed. It is not necessary to do it, but then you could lose possible changes to them from BandLab (not so likely). 

If you run (double click) the registry file on another computer or on a new installation, then those keys that you leave in the file are ADDED! No existing keys (e.g. from BandLab) are being removed!

8 hours ago, marled said:
  1. On the left side right click the key {FD39...} and select export.
  2. Save the key with all its contents to a .reg file (location and name to your taste)
  3. Open it in a text editor (it is a text file)
  4. In it don't change the beginning with the key definition etc. but you can remove the blocks below (that start with the export definition names), that are not your own definitions as I proposed. It is not necessary to do it, but then you could lose possible changes to them from BandLab (not so likely). 

If you run (double click) the registry file on another computer or on a new installation, then those keys that you leave in the file are ADDED! No existing keys (e.g. from BandLab) are being removed!

Thanks! Very kind of you.

Now I know how to do it.