Reason May Sale

cclarry

For Apple users, it seems it's not M1 native yet. I'm still on Intel but hesitant to buy new plugins or upgrades until compatibility is added, or at least committed to. That is notthing against propellerhead, just a thought since another manufacturer recently placed M1 compatibility behind a significant paid upgrade.

I know Reason isn't unique in not being m1 native, but we are now one month away from the end of the 2 year platform transition that Apple announced in 2020. I am on the perpetual license path, but isn't this supposed to be a big justification for subscription software, that developers would have the resources and requirement to keep the software current?

of course, porting and validating all of Reason is a much bigger undertaking than a single plugin. 

Edited by mister_tea
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, mister_tea said:

For Apple users, it seems it's not M1 native yet. I'm still on Intel but hesitant to buy new plugins or upgrades until compatibility is added, or at least committed to. That is notthing against propellerhead, just a thought since another manufacturer recently placed M1 compatibility behind a significant paid upgrade.

I know Reason isn't unique in not being m1 native, but we are now one month away from the end of the 2 year platform transition that Apple announced in 2020. I am on the perpetual license path, but isn't this supposed to be a big justification for subscription software, that developers would have the resources and requirement to keep the software current?

of course, porting and validating all of Reason is a much bigger undertaking than a single plugin. 

The problem is they are into creating more instruments than working on the DAW.  Those on Windows have went back to v11.   I have to wonder if they will exist 10 years from now.