Steinberg Groove Agent 5.0 upgrade from 4.0

cclarry

14 hours ago, Lee D said:

If they put the full one on sale at some point (I only own the light version) is it worth the purchase?

I think so.  You get some high quality drumsets and the ability to use samples in beatmaking.  But the thing I like the best is the Percussion Agent.  It works in a much cooler way than everything else in GA.    There is a comparison chart HERE

Steinberg does provide fully functional trial version that you can get HERE.   I think you need a dongle, though. 

Edited by Tiger The Frog
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tiger The Frog said:

I think so.  You get some high quality drumsets and the ability to use samples in beatmaking.  But the thing I like the best is the Percussion Agent.  It works in a much cooler way than everything else in GA.    There is a comparison chart HERE

Steinberg does provide fully functional trial version that you can get HERE.   I think you need a dongle, though. 

Does it compare favorably to Addictive Drums 2?  I have Addictive Drums 2 but don't really like it because I feel like building a drum track with it is a painful exercise, and the ability to customize the rhythms is not very good.  

Just now, Lee D said:

Does it compare favorably to Addictive Drums 2?  I have Addictive Drums 2 but don't really like it because I feel like building a drum track with it is a painful exercise, and the ability to customize the rhythms is not very good.  

You hit the nail on the head.  Groove Agent makes it easier to customize rhythms in real time.   You can kind of play the drums in GA rather than just set up a bunch of patterns. 

This is true times ten with the percussion agent, which gives you even more flexibility. 

I was trying to find a YouTube demo to put here, but they are all pretty bad.  The best thing is for you to demo this.  

I am very invested in Addictive Drums with drum sets and MIDI.  I never thought I would need anything else.  But this fills in an important blank.