Ohmforce Mobilohm

cclarry

One of my favorite plugins. Still not sure what it does exactly, but used in every project for probably 15 years. I would call it a filtery-phasy-panny-modulation-thingy. Great for ambient stuff - specifically giving movement to overly static pads and background textures. If you use the "hold" function and use "manual" to sweep through the phase positioning, you can get some very tight control over a sounds placement in the mix. "Hold" shuts off phase modulation, so it's like static phase control - especially good for taming harsh frequencies to position something in the background. But the oscillating sweeps are really quite cool on the right material. But everything it does is heavily colored. Not transparent by any stretch. Great in combination with Waves' "Mondo Mod" for stereo imaging coolness. For $11 it's a no brainer imo.

EDIT: Just checked the demos on that sales page - I have never used it for those agressive modulation / phase effects. I've mainly used it in ambient, with very slow speeds, or static speed for stereo imaging effects. It's quite a cool psychoacoustic plugin. But seems they're advertising it for extreme phase modulation fx. Interesting.

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 3

Great price and looks interesting. Think I'll hold back until these guys update to VST3, but I'll keep this one in mind.

My other main Phaser is from Soundtoys and they still haven't updated yet either last I checked, so no point me adding more VST2 to the kit given it's been announced they're deprecating that standard.

Now that PA, NI and iZotope are all one company, I wonder if that might help drive a/the new open source alternative plugin standard.

Would be great to get rid of AAX, AU, VST2 etc and just have one universal standard.. would save a truckload of diskspace with installers alone.. plus reduce so much testing.

Fingers crossed 🤞