Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 2TB PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 3D2, QLC Internal Solid State Drive

cclarry

20 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

Not really sold by Newegg and from China.   I think buyer beware.   It's like buying a guitar with the name Gibson on the headstock and it was a cheap knockoff.

Possibly... bear in mind that most computer components are made in China though (check your Apple products, lithium ion batteries, XBox controllers, etc); this one could be cheaper because it's cutting out shipping to another country where it further gets forwarded to a customer. Or it could be a knock-off; I don't know.

Newegg has been receiving a lot of flak lately for not vetting garbage products from China, such as thumb drives and SSDs that don't meet their advertised specs or are outright counterfeits. And then blaming the customer and denying a refund when the faulty device is returned. I will not buy anything from Newegg anymore.

8 hours ago, antler said:

Possibly... bear in mind that most computer components are made in China though (check your Apple products, lithium ion batteries, XBox controllers, etc); this one could be cheaper because it's cutting out shipping to another country where it further gets forwarded to a customer. Or it could be a knock-off; I don't know.

China is best at stealing patents.  This deal is too good to be true.