DOES THE PRO CHANNEL HAVE A GLOBAL ON/OFF FOR ALL TRACKS?

I have changed at least 8 shortcuts to  speed up my workflow. I just re purpose the ones I never use.
The naming tracks issue is due to being a terrible typist I look at the keyboard and not the text box. It will have lost focus somehow therefore the mess. It rare it happens but it’s an example of how easily you can trigger unwanted changes. Some of them might not be noticeable. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, John Vere said:

This.

Say you can have the default basics but then an option to enable the whole works.

In a way it’s that Cakewalk uses one key shortcuts, most software uses combination shortcuts. I like this myself. In Cakewalk split is S. elsewhere it seems to be Ctrl S. 

Where I’ve often toggled a huge mess is when trying to name a track. You think the name dialogue is in focus but it isn’t. 

For sure, one key shortcuts can do damage . . . I remember the "O" key used to enable (and disable) Offset Mode . . . great way to wreck a mix if you hit it by mistake, and carry on not noticing.

Though my fav single key shortcut, that I learned here on this forum years ago,  is reprogramming (in Preferences - Keyboard Shortcuts) the < and > keys. These can be set to cycle through the project Markers, no damage done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, noynekker said:

For sure, one key shortcuts can do damage . . . I remember the "O" key used to enable (and disable) Offset Mode . . . great way to wreck a mix if you hit it by mistake, and carry on not noticing.

Though my fav single key shortcut, that I learned here on this forum years ago,  is reprogramming (in Preferences - Keyboard Shortcuts) the < and > keys. These can be set to cycle through the project Markers, no damage done.

Funny, yes. ...because I still have O set to toggle offset mode. Never gets in my way as there are so many visual clues 

On 4/16/2024 at 6:28 PM, noynekker said:

my fav single key shortcut, that I learned here on this forum years ago,  is reprogramming (in Preferences - Keyboard Shortcuts) the < and > keys. These can be set to cycle through the project Markers, no damage done.

I'd like to do that also but can't find it in keyboard shortcuts. Do you recall where it was? Thanks.