Cakewalk v. 2022.02 - does it run with win 7 home x64?

dogufo

Question

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, dogufo said:

HI, I have installed Cakewalk v. 2021.12 on OS win7 home x64 and it works.

Sorry, ...does the new v. 2022.02 also run on win7? 😊 

According to https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk the Minimum System Requirements for Cakewalk by BandLab is Windows 8.1 or higher (64-bit only)

Version 2022.02 might work on Windows 7, but it's not a supported operating system.

If you run into issues and you contact Cakewalk support and you’re still on 7, they will likely tell you to upgrade to a supported operating system (like Windows 8.1 or above)

You really should consider upgrading to Windows 10 as many other programs also will not run on Windows 7.

• Thanks 1

Not sure about Win 7 home x64, but FWIW CbB 2022.02 is running fine on my Win 7 Pro x64 boot.  I can't imagine it would be any different for Win 7 home.

The only thing that might be an issue is the available RAM.  Microsoft limited the amount of available RAM in the Home editions. Home Premium is limited to 16GB, which is fine, but the Home Basic edition was limited to 8GB which might be a bit too low for some projects.

• Thanks 1

On 2/18/2022 at 10:14 AM, msmcleod said:

Not sure about Win 7 home x64, but FWIW CbB 2022.02 is running fine on my Win 7 Pro x64 boot.  I can't imagine it would be any different for Win 7 home.

The only thing that might be an issue is the available RAM.  Microsoft limited the amount of available RAM in the Home editions. Home Premium is limited to 16GB, which is fine, but the Home Basic edition was limited to 8GB which might be a bit too low for some projects.

@msmcleod infact,  I noticed that when I start to record a track, the first 3 or 4 initial MIDI notes are not recored as they were played;  so I think that´s a matter of the notebook processor; ... my notebook processor RAM has 8GB ... I have installed WIN7 home x64; pls, ...if I will upgrade to premium, do you think that it will have better effect on such issues? 

ScreenShot_20220115093201.thumb.jpeg.7e4cf530c390744f4d587a40def1a7da.jpeg

4 hours ago, dogufo said:

@msmcleod infact,  I noticed that when I start to record a track, the first 3 or 4 initial MIDI notes are not recored as they were played;  so I think that´s a matter of the notebook processor; ... my notebook processor RAM has 8GB ... I have installed WIN7 home x64; pls, ...if I will upgrade to premium, do you think that it will have better effect on such issues? 

I honestly can't say to be honest, but I doubt it'll make much difference if you're getting issues with a blank project just recording MIDI.

Are these pure MIDI tracks, or MIDI tracks with a soft synth?

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, msmcleod said:

I honestly can't say to be honest, but I doubt it'll make much difference if you're getting issues with a blank project just recording MIDI.

Are these pure MIDI tracks, or MIDI tracks with a soft synth?

@msmcleod thanks; ...no they are pure MIDI tracks, ...no software synth.