Nembrini Audio releases Hivolt 103 Guitar Amplifier - with Intro Offer

cclarry

Nembrini Audio has released Hivolt 103 Guitar Amplifier. Here's what they say:

A milestone of Classic British high-end tone.

Hivolt 103 Custom Guitar Amplifier plugin is based on a vintage Hiwatt DR103 year 1970 with original Partridge transformer and military point-to-point wiring.

Hivolt 103 Custom Guitar Amplifier plugin is a 2 channels amplifier with shared EQ for both channels. It has 4 inputs, 2 for each channel (normal and brilliant). Hi inputs are DOWN and LO inputs are UP. Patching of channels works here, and you can blend for additional versatility.

All amplifier parameters knobs work as EQ/drive controls basically, they are very interactive and very responsive:

Normal and Brilliant channels with independent High and Low inputs for each channel. Versatile and intuitive, perfect for bringing life out of dark pickups or taming shrill high end in bright pickups.

Link the two channels for extra punch and dynamic control of your EQ via the independent channel volumes.

Details:

A complete recording chain means users can select between six different guitar cabinets, four microphone emulations with on/off-axis position switch, continuous position and distance knobs. A complete Mixer section with Solos, Mutes, Pans and Faders allows users to blend together the two microphones with the Studio Reverb.

The Impulse Loader can load up to three third-party impulse responses, blend them together using volume, pan, phase, solo and mute controls plus a useful browser window has been added so all third-party IR files can be easily searched.

Noise Gate section.

Includes a cleaner circuit to reduce rumbling and harshness.

Intro Price: $39.99 until February 28th, 2022 (Reg. $137)..

https://www.nembriniaudio.com/collections/guitar-amplifier/products/hivolt-103-custom-guitar-amplifier

• Like 3

The iOS/iPadOS version intro price is $9.99.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/49078/hivolt-103-custom-by-nembrini-audio-released

I picked this up add to my Nembrini iOS/iPadOS collection and been playing with it the last several days.  Fun to play something that's different from Fender and Marshall tones.  I have to look for Hiwatt/FANE cabinet IRs for the authentic sound (no genuine Hiwatt cabs built-in).

Edited by Abel Chow
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Abel Chow said:

I'm always curious on these in the box emulations on the HiWatt how they handle the super high headroom of the actual thing.

Haven't found a plugin yet that captures that, they all seem to breakup too easily and not get that super loud clean thing going just right.  

Nembrini is responsible for some of the best Amp sims out there so I'm not sure I want to demo it in fear of GAS I really don't need.  

• Like 1

Here's a review.

https://guitarandbassplugins.com/reviews/nembrini-audio-hivolt-103-custom/

• Value: 8/10
  • Ease of Use: 10/10
  • Sound quality: 10/10
  • Features: 8/10

Its Rock n Roll, from Dave Gilmour to Pete Townshend or Jimmy Page, it’s not hard to find a great tone with the HiVolt 103 Custom. There is very little in terms of distraction here, just great tones. This is based on a piece of rock history, and I think it does the real amp justice, Nembrini Audio did a phenomenal job with this one. If you’re not sure it’s for you, go check it out, Nembrini Audio offers a fully unrestricted 14-day trial version.

Edited by Abel Chow
  • Like 1