Audiority XenoVerb Update (not a deal)

Brian Walton

I know lots of people picked this one up a couple years ago thanks to a deal that was posted.

Today there was an update - resizable options (though not fully resizable like Echoes now is).  Note the bottom one though, the licenser needs you do download a new licenser file (the old one you have won't work)

https://www.audiority.com/shop/xenoverb/

v1.3 (Feb 2022)
- NEW: Updated Framework
- NEW: Universal 2 Binary for Apple Silicon Macs
- NEW: High Resolution GUI
- NEW: Resizable GUI
- NEW: Vector Toolbar
- NEW: Parameter value shown on display when mouse is over a knob
- FIX: Improved Licenser and Online Activation
- FIX: Wrong displayed reverb time
- FIX: Algorithm menu flickering when changing value
- FIX: LF Cut not working on Glass algorithm
- FIX: Low frequency feedback build on Shimmer algorithm when a Pitch is at 0
- FIX: Loud spike when resetting reverb tail or using Active button
- FIX: Unwanted echo when Pre Delay is at 0.01ms
- BREAKING CHANGE: Improved licenser requires a new activation

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Craig N said:

I'm waiting for it to go $10 again. Might be a long wait haha. 

That sale 2 years ago started the addiction.  Every sub $15 sale for anything they make I try to grab while the deal lasts (not counting the pedal plugins).  I had to cave in on the Echoes plugin as I've never seen it go below 50% off.   So I now have 8 of their plugins (plus free ones).  

During the 50% off sales since that one has a $45 retail, so at $22.50 it is still a pretty reasonable deal.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, mibby said:

Tube Modulator got me going on Audiority plugins. I jhave a few, but it's still my favorite.

@Brian Walton  Polaris is up for $10 at PB.  🙂

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2-Effects/17-Reverb/3441-Polaris

Yeah, I picked up Tube Modulator 2 months after Xeno.  I'm also a big fan of that one as the Uni-Vibe has to by my favorite guitar effect and it has the most convincing in the box emulation of that plus some really nice Tremolo stuff to boot.

Indeed, I grabbed Polaris within minutes of the offer price, without even testing it.  I'm actually messing around with it right now and while I expected it to be more of a one trick pony, I'm shocked at some of the presets given the controls available.  For me personally, a total no-brainer at $10 even though I own some crazy reverb plugins like MeldaTurboReverbLE.  

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

I'm also a big fan of that one as the Uni-Vibe has to by my favorite guitar effect and it has the most convincing in the box emulation of that

Have you checked out IK's UniVibe??  That was a new discovery for me after the GB last year!

12 hours ago, mibby said:

Have you checked out IK's UniVibe??  That was a new discovery for me after the GB last year!

Yes, I also picked it up in the GB!  It gets a number of things right, such as a better impelemtation of the intensity.

The throb and rate feel pretty good but the detail and lack of variation in the throb could be improved upon.  In that respect it tend to sound slightly "digital" as the photo receptors in teh real thing give a different level of randomness.   But I was surprised by it as many of the Amplitube pedals I find fall too short.  That said, the fact it is tied to the Amplitube Echosystem makes it less useful in practicality as I use the PA amp sims more, and having AT5 open just to add an effect like that is a pretty significant resource hog for real time playing.

I do tend to like it better than that X-Vibe 60s Vibe which sounds more sterile and modern.

20 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

the fact it is tied to the Amplitube Echosystem makes it less useful in practicality as I use the PA amp sims more, and having AT5 open just to add an effect like that is a pretty significant resource hog for real time playing.

100% agree!