Presonus Introduce Audiobox Go

cclarry

Looks gewd!!! https://www.presonus.com/products/AudioBox-Go

Perfect deal for anyone wanting to get a real audio interface for $79.99, and includes the PreSonus Studio Magic suite, and a version of Studio One Prime that's tweaked to allow these plugins to run with it. AudioBox Go is a qualifying interface: https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-Magic

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

I noticed that this comes with Studio One Prime instead of Studio One Artist with previous audio interfaces.  A major feature missing in Prime is third-party plug-in support (VST3/AU), well worth the additional cost of a higher priced interface (like the AudioBox 96) to get Artist.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

13 hours ago, abacab said:

Looks gewd!!! https://www.presonus.com/products/AudioBox-Go

Perfect deal for anyone wanting to get a real audio interface for $79.99, and includes the PreSonus Studio Magic suite, and a version of Studio One Prime that's tweaked to allow these plugins to run with it. AudioBox Go is a qualifying interface: https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-Magic

Yeah, I wonder what’s happening with all these smaller interface’s popping up, like UAD’s Volt and MOTU’s M2. 
Above all, would like to see a comparative review. 

8 hours ago, ALC said:

I noticed that this comes with Studio One Prime instead of Studio One Artist with previous audio interfaces.  A major feature missing in Prime is third-party plug-in support (VST3/AU), well worth the additional cost of a higher priced interface (like the AudioBox 96) to get Artist.

This is a special version of prime that allows for 3rd Party VST's

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fleer said:

Yeah, I wonder what’s happening with all these smaller interface’s popping up, like UAD’s Volt and MOTU’s M2. 
Above all, would like to see a comparative review. 

Much better option for home recording than ASIO4all and an onboard Realtek chip. :)

* Instrument in and Mic/Line in combo connector, with Mic pre-amp and phantom power to XLR, and balanced 1/4" L/R outputs for studio monitors. Plus headphone amp with 1/4" TRS stereo headphone output.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

On 2/9/2022 at 7:25 AM, abacab said:

I believe it was mentioned that Prime is limited to the PreSonus Studio Magic suite plugins.

This is how is worked with Studio One 4 Artist which was bundled with my PreSonus AudioBox 96 I purchased almost three years ago.  As a newbie, the Magic Suite was great, but being limited to those plugins in S1 kept S1 from being as useful once I started collecting plugins.  I ended up buying the add-on to unlock the plugin feature for $80.

PreSonus added third party plugin support to S1 5 Artist.  Interesting that they are bundling S1 5 Prime with this interface.

All I'm saying is if you're in the market for a low end interface and you don't already have a DAW,  pay the $20 extra for the AudioBox 96 and get an unencumbered Studio One.

Edited by ALC
  • Great Idea 2

4 hours ago, ALC said:

All I'm saying is if you're in the market for a low end interface and you don't already have a DAW,  pay the $20 extra for the AudioBox 96 and get an unencumbered Studio One.

That's a great idea, but some folks interested in a portable interface may already own a full fledged DAW, and may not actually need or want Studio One Artist.

It looks perfect for a home recording/laptop studio.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, abacab said:

That's a great idea, but some folks interested in a portable interface may already own a full fledged DAW, and may not actually need or want Studio One Artist.

That’s me. Not interested in Studio One, Two or Three. MainStage and Bitwig, that’s me. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, abacab said:

No argument here.

I'm curious how it stacks up to the competition.  It does have the better PreSonus XMAX-L pre-amp like in the higher end PreSonus Studio 24c (but over double the price).

• Like 1