Bandlab Assistant Updated

cclarry

25 minutes ago, pwalpwal said:

i wonder why, when the update can be done via cakewalk? is it just for new users getting the app for the first time?

It's for those who have opted for the "Beta" program.  If you go to settings, there is an option to 
get the beta updates.  Yes, Cakewalk updates can be done via Cakewalk directly now, but
there are still things in BLA for some!

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, cclarry said:

Run BLA and Select "Settings" to see update

I did this several hours ago (5 3/4 hours ago) and forgot about it.  When I looked, it still said "updating."  Surprise, surprise.  :P 

AHA!!!! The full executable seems to have been downloaded and is in a sub-folder called "pending."  No hidden pop-ups telling me to do something to complete the installation.  I will try (1) running it and if that doesn't work (2) rebooting my PC.  

UPDATE:  I tried (1) and (2) and then a number of other steps.  BLA Beta is not a top priority for me, so I just manually downloaded and manually installed the most recent BLA (10.2.0).  I'll let others try the Beta (10.2.1).

On the positive side, although I couldn't find any Genre Pack MIDI files, I did give the automatic get-started idea generator a roll of the dice.  Also, I found some Bandlab MIDI files I downloaded in 2019. 

Edited by User 905133
to add an update
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, scook said:

Cakewalk by BandLab is a Windows only program.

BandLab, a web browser-based DAW, not sure which browsers work on a Mac, originally BandLab required Chrome.

Questions about BandLab, the DAW, are best posed to support@BandLab.com , the support page or Facebook group.

Is there an earlier version of Cakewalk that will work on Mac? (Like Sonar)