I ask again, where is my synth rack buttone ?

Thomas Ned

Question

synth rack button disappeared from my sonar platinum menu. You have already told me that I have to go to the workspace menu or cdb, but I don't know what and where the workspace menu or cdb is. can you please explain it to me, it's very important for my life, i still have to create an ede it. Thank you

Bez názvu.png

8 answers to this question

What happens if you click Alt 8 or Alt 9? Those are the keyboard shortcuts for the synth rack in older and newer versions of Cakewalk DAWs.
You probably don't have Workspaces in SONAR, but you may have Lenses or Screensets, which allow you to set up a custom view and may not have a synth rack in them.
CbB is short for Cakewalk by Bandlab, their newest software.

Since you're using SONAR, check its Help file for how to use Lenses or Screensets, whichever is applicable. You could have accidentally hit a shortcut.

Also, it's not a good idea to post twice about the same problem, especially in 2 different forums. Folks won't know which one to reply to.

Hello . . .

I may not be the best person to answer this, but I did have an observation.  On your screenshot above, there does not seem to be a "Lens" drop down.

You were saying you did not know what to use per various references in forum topics (lens vs Workspace).  Workspace is used for the Bandlab versions of Cakewalk (I don't know when Workspaces were introduced in Cakewalk).  Sonar Platinum  should be using "Lenses".  It appears you are showing Platinum, but as I said, I see no "Lens" drop down.   Here is a link to the documentation for lenses:

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR&language=3&help=Lenses.1.html

If you had this available you could set it to "Basic" and I believe your menu option in Views would have a item:

Synth Rack View     Alt+9

You can try this command and see what happens.   I opened my version of Platinum and the selection did appear on my "View" menu drop down. 

I don't know what version you have there but the lenses appeared around the "2016-11" version

Here is a reference to the next version (12) that I found

https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2016000052/SONAR-2016-12-Update-Fixes-and-Enhancements

The point is, if your version is before 2016-11 you mat not have lenses . . .   Sorry I can not tell you the answer you seek.   Do some Googling . . .

Hope this was somewhat helpful

Syphus

I remembered that I have SONAR X3 installed, and looking at it, there is no synth rack under views. It has Screensets, but none of the preset screensets have a synth rack in the views drop down. However, if you insert a soft synth, you will have the option to show the synth rack. If there is already a synth inserted you can click the double-arrow thing on the right or left to show the synth rack.

synth rack x3.jpg

Looks like the OP is using a Sonar version predating these features. A screenshot of his Browser would confirm.

The Synth Rack was originally part of the Browser, therefor no addition means to view it were necessary. 

A later update of Sonar Platinum removed the Synth Rack from the Browser adding it to the Views menu.

15 hours ago, sjoens said:

Looks like the OP is using a Sonar version predating these features. A screenshot of his Browser would confirm.

The Synth Rack was originally part of the Browser, therefor no addition means to view it were necessary. 

A later update of Sonar Platinum removed the Synth Rack from the Browser adding it to the Views menu.

That was what I was thinking.    I believe that if it is a version before it was moved to the "Views" menu, then you can click in the browser to bring the Synth View up.

Prior to SONAR 2016.11 the synth rack was not a separate view instead; the synth rack was a tab in the browser.

Starting with 2016.11, the synth rack tab was replaced with the notes tab and the synth rack view was created.

It is important to include version info when posting about any DAW.

The version info is in the about screen. The about screen is on the help menu.

• Thanks 1