New 8DIO Freebie - Deep Solo Cello

cclarry

I almost picked up all 4 (with 60% off you can get viola, violin and bass for $115 and get cello free.) Then I realized I recently picked up Komplete 13 CE upgrade and hadn't even installed the Cremona quartet. Lol. Maybe I try that first before blowing more cash! lol.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Carl Ewing said:

I almost picked up all 4 (with 60% off you can get viola, violin and bass for $115 and get cello free.) Then I realized I recently picked up Komplete 13 CE upgrade and hadn't even installed the Cremona quartet. Lol. Maybe I try that first before blowing more cash! lol.

the Cremona quartet sounds amazing IMO

1 hour ago, Carl Ewing said:

I picked up the Deep Cello and Deep Viola and found both disappointing. Living up to 8Dio's reputation,  they're a huge collection of articulations without good scripting.  Their playability is really poor. They're like string libraries from twenty years ago. So I  picked up Fluffy Audio's Trio Broz, which was on a Black Friday deal for only $29 USD and it has great,  intuitive scripting and a nice GUI. While it doesn't have the depth of articulations that 8Dio's libraries have, it makes me wish I  could sell my 8Dio Deep Solo and Intimate Strings libraries.

This year was absolutely the end of me buying 8Dio string libraries, I heard the same thing from another forum regular here who does YouTube videos (but privately,  so I won't quote him). When you buy string or guitar libraries scripting is as important as sample quality, layers, articulations and round robins and 8Dio is unacceptably poor in this area -- its no secret amongst  composers of film and game music and sample developers, and I'm now kicking myself for not heeding their advice. To those who haven't experienced a well scripted sample library,  the difference is incredible.  Anyhow,  for what it's worth, I  want to share my insights with others so they might avoid going down the same path. There's a good reason 8Dio doesn't let you sell their libraries. Because there would be a lot of us selling them if we could. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1