54% off Sonible Smart:reverb and Smart:comp

cclarry

Usually there is an "Uncatagorized" selection on your Plugin Menu, which I don't
see there, so it's obviously been modified.  Change the "Layout" to something else...
like "by Type" and see if it shows up under "EQ".  Also check the "blacklist" to see
if it's been excluded.  Also try a "re-scan"..

Edited by cclarry

I think the uncategorised applied when you sort by category. When I do this it's still not there. When I sort by Manufacrurer, Sonible doesn't show up, and there's no uncategorised.

If does so many re-scans now (and re-boots), and about 4 installs of SmartEQ. Funnily Cakewalk auto scans for plug in after each install but doesn't find anything. So it's detecting some movement.  When I look in the plugoin manager in all the folders, there's no sign of it.

I bought this years ago, but gave up trying to install with the same problems on my old laptop. Only today when I saw it on my Plugin Boutique account did I think to re-try. 

I'm going to install the VST2, to see if it shows up, and if when I authorise that it fixes the VST3.  (EDIT: Nope, that didn't work, and Cakewalk auto re-scanned again)

Edited by Kamikaze

35 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Did you check the "Excluded" Plugins?

Yeah, and when I added the VST2, the scanner picked up I mae a change, said nothing added, and the total number of plugin stayed the same. It's like it's being blocked from being added to the plug in manager. 

You authorize the license with iLok, the license can either be installed on your machine or on an iLok dongle.
You can run the iLok License Manager to verify if you've activated the license or not.
image.thumb.png.283ba3dda4bea3ab63049865b6cf652f.png
If you haven't installed the iLok License Manager take care of that first.

Next - the plugin itself needs to be installed somewhere where your Cakewalk scan path can find it.

If your screen shot is correct...
image.png.42517f653f1399f934062fe981a5c8e9.png

You are only installing the VST3 versions - check your VST3 folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3) and see if you can find smartEQ2_x64.vst3
If it's there then you probably should check the VST scan log to see if it got scanned.

1 minute ago, TheSteven said:

You authorize the license with iLok, the license can either be installed on your machine or on an iLok dongle.
You can run the iLok License Manager to verify if you've activated the license or not.

Next - the plugin itself needs to be installed somewhere where your Cakewalk scan path can find it.

You are only installing the VST3 versions - check your VST3 folder (C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3) and see if you can find smartEQ2_x64.vst3
If it's there then you probably should check the VST scan log to see if it got scanned.

Mine are neither on a Soft iLok or a Dongle iLok...they are "Machine" authorized...just FYI

8 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

The manual implies that you don't need iLok, and there was another screen from Sonible (that I lost when I tried a reboot and can't find that broke down the steps. And said install iLok, but then said you don't need iLok of you open the Plugin and enter the auth code onto it. But I can't open it to enter the auth code.