Fluffy Audio Black Friday Sale

cclarry

12 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

And curious @PavlovsCat did you pick up one of the cellos yet that you were asking @Reid Rosefelt about a few posts back?

Yes, I did. I picked up the 8Dio Deep Solo Cello. I really like it, but I can't help but still think about the Trio Broz Cello from Fluffy Audio. I admit, since I was a kid, I've been in love with the cello. I never played it. I took lessons on piano, organ, drums and guitar and played all of those plus the glockenspiel, harmonica and various percussion. Years ago I was researching solo cellos and I bought 8Dios Intimate Studio Strings, which I really find disappointing and really don't use. But Deep Solo Strings has a lot of articulations and while I've seen some people over at VI Control really don't like the tone of the instrument for solo cello, I really like it. But I think it's pretty different from the Fluffy Audio cello. I was contemplating picking up their Trio Broz viola for $39 USD to find out about the playability and character of that library. 

How do you like the Spaghetti Western library and what do you think about the developer's scripting and attention to detail? Granted, I'm not interested in that specific library, but I'm curious about the developer's strengths and weaknesses. 

4 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

How do you like the Spaghetti Western library and what do you think about the developer's scripting and attention to detail? Granted, I'm not interested in that specific library, but I'm curious about the developer's strengths and weaknesses. 

Oh it'll be a minute before I can fire that lib up, as I'm remodeling my songwriting studio and it's gonna be a minute before I can even install it. But I like niche libraries and I listened to all the YouTube shillers I could on it 🤣.. I'll get use from it for sure, I love grimy stuff like Mtron mellotron sounds and old grimy choirs and strings. You know how it is when you're watching a YouTube rundown of the sounds and one patch jumps out at you and sells you on it, and for me that was the outlaw choir, which sounds kinda like some drunk cowboys going "Ahh" and some other grimy stuff. There's a cool baritone guitar in there but I'm a baritone guitar player myself so doubt I'll use it but you never know. My big thing I struggle w/ on Kontakt w/ libraries is the fact that I tune my regular guitars to Eb and my baritone strat and 5-string bass to Bb (or A#, whatever), so I struggle w/ transposing some libraries flat to accommodate. Orange Tree's Bass Pair, though, let's me tune it down so I think that library will work great for me - lol, but I still haven't fired *that* one up either. 

Edited by Christian Jones
  • Like 1