Mix Module FX Button

Johnbee58

I was going through some of my finished projects the other day and saw that one was saved with the FX button in the Mix Module activated.  This is the button to bypass all audio effects, but when I ran the project I discovered that the delay and reverb I put on the lead vocal track do work (active).  I want them to work and I probably accidentally bumped that button sometime before I saved it.  I also take notice that when I launch that project a warning comes up that the lead vocals track is on a silent output channel, but upon playing the project and rendering it, that track plays fine, just the way I want it.  I've been seeing the silent output channel warning on several track on different project over the past few years (going back to X3) but it doesn't seem to affect the final outcome and the playback and rendering is fine. It's like the system is lying to me.  What do you think is going on?

Should I try to get to the bottom of it or just let it go if nothing is affecting the final product?

Thanks

😀John B.

Edited by Johnbee58

Toggling the FX button in the Mix module will set the state of all FX racks. However, It is possible to individually change the state of FX racks regardless of the state of the FX button. Also, the state of the FX button determines the state of the FX rack when adding a track.

The "silent buses detected" warning advises the user that some send/output goes nowhere. This may be what the user wants. The warning may be suppressed by setting WarnSilentBuses to 0 in preferences.

I have one project that also calls out a silent track or buss. I have exhaustively gone through every track - every buss and every hidden track. It simply does not exist in the project. My only thought is that possibly it was caused by a previous freeze operation?  - then subsequently the frozen tracks were deleted or possibly archived - then  were deleted in a project. Then the project was re-opened long after the previous interface that the track or buss was pointing to no longer exists. The message can be tamed via Scooks advice - but the lost routing to an old interface possibly  still exists.  It may have been routed to a missing SPDIF output that no longer exists as well as I was doing some patching through a hardware device long ago.  Kooky mystery.

It's funny that the disclaimer at launch says that that track will be inaudible in the project until it is assigned to a channel.  It IS assigned to a channel, THE MASTER BUSS, and it is AUDIBLE!

I can make the message go away by deleting the track and remaking it (ie setting up a new audio track and re importing the the audio WAV file).   This is still an annoying mystery, which nobody seems to have and answer for (I addressed this on the old forum regarding it happening in Sonar X3).  However, it's not negatively affecting the projects it appears in.  Guess I'll just have to try and ignore it.

ALSO-When I check on the initialization file, there's nothing in the box to select.

Thanks

😀John B

Edited by Johnbee58

51 minutes ago, Johnbee58 said:

ALSO-When I check on the initialization file, there's nothing in the box to select

This is the default.

To add something  to the file, key in an Option (ex. WarnSilentBuses) and a Value then click Set.