A|A|S Player/Swatches updated to 1.5.2

Starship Krupa

This is actually a bit belated, but I don't believe it was announced here. It's a DEAL because Swatches is an amazing free assortment of over 500 sounds.

The new one includes sounds from All That Jazz, Insomnia, and Transmutation. Insomnia is interesting, Daniel Stawczyk using Lounge Lizard to produce things like brass, organs and synths.

Also, I believe it's the first time I've seen this dialog during an A|A|S installation:

image.png.ef4ba7fb2b8ba4b62b51c30b580634df.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Footnote for those who downloaded and installed v152 previously:  The installer I had from June 30th (also v152) had 525 presets and included presets from Insomnia and Transmutation, but not All that Jazz.  The one I just downloaded (TY Erik!) has 21 more presets from All That Jazz for a total of 546.

My new swatches-v152-win.zip file shows as 14,706KB.  The previous one shows as  14,699KB.

In other words: not all swatches versions 1.5.2 were created equal.  😉 

IIRC the previous one also had the NKS option

Edited by User 905133
to strike out the IIRC comment re: NKS since that was not the difference referenced
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, User 905133 said:

IIRC the previous one also had the NKS option. 

Thanks for the info for previous downloaders of 1.5.2.

It wasn't so much the NKS option that excited me about that dialog, it was what we are able not to install, like in my case, anything but 64-bit VST3. Less than a year ago their installer installed everything on that list (except for NKS, a different download) in both 32 and 64 bit form. As if I needed 32-bit AAX plug-ins on my computer and at least 4 copies of the VST2 versions.

I continue to hold out hope that both the crazy amount of time it takes for A|A|S plug-ins to show their UI's at first opening will get fixed, as well as that thing that happens where A|A|S Player at some point starts consuming audio engine resources at a great rate and I have to restart the host to repair it. I forgive them because their stuff just sounds so dang good. IMO, nothing can touch them for huge, deep, ambient pads (and other things, too). Not even Iris 2.

• Like 1