Cakewalk insist in installing in my HDD that is already full (I can't delete anything in there) and doesn't leave me the option to get installed in the HDD that has a lot of free space

Celiel

Question

5 answers to this question

If Cakewalk does not offer an install path option, it means the installer detected a previous install.

This could be an old Cakewalk (the Company) DAW or a version of Cakewalk by BandLab.

Either way, all old Cakewalk DAWs and Cakewalk by BandLab must be installed on the same drive.

To  install to another drive, perform a clean re-install or use directory junctions to relocate existing folders.

Should you elect to run a clean re-install see the following post about step 9 in the clean install process.

+1 to using the directory junction approach. my stuff is on the D:/ drive but the directory junctions on the C:/ drive make the app think its running on C:/ and all new installations just do their thing. and as i discover new locations on the C:/ drive which contain "stuff" which i don't want there, i move it and create a new junction to match the old folder and viola! as a note: dump a list of your directories periodically to  a text file so you can re-create the junctions should you decide to wipe the drive for an OS refresh or replace it with a larger one later.