How Did I Accidentally Move A Chunk Of Tracks?

DallasSteve

Question

In the image below there is a hole in 4 tracks that were moved to 4 new tracks below them.  I did not do that on purpose.  I just noticed it happened a day or two ago.  I don't want to Undo and I know how to drag them back to fix it.  I just wonder what shortcut I might have hit that caused this so I can avoid doing it again.

Cakewalk3.jpg

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, DallasSteve said:

In the image below there is a hole in 4 tracks that were moved to 4 new tracks below them.  I did not do that on purpose.  I just noticed it happened a day or two ago.  I don't want to Undo and I know how to drag them back to fix it.  I just wonder what shortcut I might have hit that caused this so I can avoid doing it again.

Cakewalk3.jpg

Few comes to mind. The common one would be the Num key 2. 

Then there are the default shortcut keys. Make sure you dont have any custom key bind to any of these. 

• Like 1

Will

Is Num key 2 - Nudge down?  Would that bump 4 clips I had selected in a range down to 4 new tracks?  I was thinking maybe I hit a "Bounce to new tracks" shortcut.  Anyway, it says that's for a Num keypad.  My laptop has num keys, but not a num keypad.

Edited by DallasSteve

2 hours ago, DallasSteve said:

My laptop has num keys

Aren't they the same? But yes. That could be the reason. I mainly use num keys on the right of my keyboard to nudge or Ctrl+2 and 8 | OR |Shift+2 or 8 (to move things Up and Down) you can also use the directional keys for these. 

So maybe during a workflow - you''ve accidentally hit one of these unknowingly?