Is There A Good Software/Website To Detect Music Plaigiarism?

DallasSteve

I'm looking for a way to check a song to see if the melody is too close to some copyrighted melody in the past.  My question is not how to detect that someone posted a copy of a song, which YouTube seems to handle pretty well.  That is more of a bit by bit check to see if someone is using a copyrighted recording.   I've read that Spotify has developed and patented something like what I want, but it looks like it's not available for public use, yet.

What I want to do, obviously, is to check songs that I think I've written to see if I have unconsciously copied something else.  It would also be fun to put 'He's So Fine' into the software and see if it says that it infringes on 'My Sweet Lord'.  That's a joke for older readers like me.  And it would be very interesting to put Yesterday into the software to see if it copied something older, which was Paul McCartney's first thought when that song came to him.

Edited by DallasSteve

Follow up: Looking at Quora, a user said they uploaded a song they wrote to YouTube and it identified a similarity to other songs.  I think he said it took a few days for their system to identify the conflict.  I doubt it can do it, but I may run a test by recording a famous melody with different words and then publish it to YouTube and see if it ever gets flagged.