Strange one .. Track using NIMBUS and exported to wav .. SHRILL HIGH PITCHED NOISE

Hi Guys,

Doing mixes of original material at the moment with band. Working on project and using NIMBUS for reverb on a number of tracks.

I decided to mixdown the track today via export to wav .. all well until it got to the end of the export to wav when out through my seinnheisers came a shrill multi whistle tone even without the track playing, to stop it I killed the audio engine temporarily but put engine back on and noise back.

I listened to the resultant wav and it was nothing but 4 mins of that shrill sound.

I investigated and eventually noticed at the end of the wav export when the shrill sound was there it was peaking the tracks with the NIMBUS plugin on them as an FX. So I disabled the nimbus plugin on all there tracks ( 5 ) AND low and behold, next wav export was perfect but no reverb so I used an alt verb plugin instead.

Just wondering if anyone else ever had this issue.

The shrill whistles were similar to sound from hearing aids 

• Sad 1

I've had a similar problem with Exponential verbs for years.  Not when exporting but in real-time.  When used on  buses PhoenixVerb  & R4 will sometimes start feeding back in the middle of a project at random. If I delete & re-insert it will sometimes fix the issue.

I also have to check the sends because sometimes the fx will revert to a mono signal.  It started happening in Splat & doesn't happen in other daws.

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/17779-nimbus-nonsense/

Edited by Hidden Symmetry
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Haven't tried it myself but it might.

Good news @Hidden Symmetry @Noel Borthwick my workaround seems to work. I added the NUMBUS to the drum track CLIPS and not in the FX, Buses. I then exported to wav and this time NO shrill sounds, mixed down perfectly

Edited by aidan o driscoll

On 6/21/2021 at 4:44 AM, Noel Borthwick said:

Almost surely a bug in the plugin. You should report this to the developer and send them the session file to test.

Most definitely. iZotope advertise that their plug-ins are compatible with Cakewalk by BandLab, so they need to know.