Softube Amp Room

cclarry

Demos sound really nice but isn't that usually the case for every guitar sim out there? 
I don't really want to invest in yet another guitar amp ecosystem where I'm going to get nickel & dimed by multiple extension & additions.
Maybe I'm just jaded...

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

34 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Demos sound really nice but isn't that usually the case for every guitar sim out there? 
I don't really want to invest in yet another guitar amp ecosystem where I'm going to get nickel & dimed by multiple extension & additions.
Maybe I'm just jaded...

Nope...not jaded at all!  I mean, how many amp sims does one really need?  
I have all I'm going to get, with maybe the exception of either Plini or Nolly,
and I REALLY don't need either, so the price would have to be ridiculously low...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Nope...not jaded at all!  I mean, how many amp sims does one really need?  
I have all I'm going to get, with maybe the exception of either Plini or Nolly,
and I REALLY don't need either, so the price would have to be ridiculously low...

The CPU hit for AmpRoom is far and away higher than Neural when you start to add their time-based plugins which kills it for me.  I have it for sale on KVR but they've undercut my price now so I guess I'll be stuck with it for a while.  It does sound damn good, I'll give it that, and being able to integrate other Softube plugins is a plus but I just don't see the promise of "continuous development" that they and some other developers promise.  I got it for less than this sale price so I wouldn't call it a regret purchase...yet...but I can be talked out of this software pretty easily compared to everything else i have.  I really WANT to like it, but...

One thing that continuously surprises me is the number of amp sims that don't sound nearly as good with stock IRs vs. 3rd party.   What alien technology are OwnHammer using that IK's 4,980,469 robotically-calculated IRs aren't????  Every amp sim I own - including Amp Room but excluding Neural DSP -  carry this flaw.

• Like 2