50% off Boz Digital Pan Knob

cclarry

26 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

I can count on one hand the number of plugins that I use on every single project. This is one of them.

Yes, you can do the same thing with Channel Tools, but not nearly as conveniently, especially if you want to automate panning on a stereo track.

I'm not at all saying Boz's plugin isn't good, and I definitely see the advantage of just ONE automation lane for the panning and centering the low frequencies.

But my go-to plugin for panning is the FREE HOFA 4U Meter, Fader & MS-Pan.

https://hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/4u/

The panning options on this plugin are pretty phenomenal.  Using Shift-Click or Ctrl-Click, you can automate the L/R at the same time.  So you can collapse a track to mono or spread it out.  The Fader is handy for gain riding too.  Whenever I see this on a track, I know I'm automating the panning or the gain on the track.  You can also switch the meter to Pre/Post. Lots of handy features on this plugin.

Sorry for the OT post.   Back to Boz!  His has the low frequency summing which definitely has its uses. In fact I'm thinking I might try this one out.!  :)

1 hour ago, mibby said:

I'm not at all saying Boz's plugin isn't good, and I definitely see the advantage of just ONE automation lane for the panning and centering the low frequencies.

But my go-to plugin for panning is the FREE HOFA 4U Meter, Fader & MS-Pan.

https://hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/4u/

The panning options on this plugin are pretty phenomenal.  Using Shift-Click or Ctrl-Click, you can automate the L/R at the same time.  So you can collapse a track to mono or spread it out.  The Fader is handy for gain riding too.  Whenever I see this on a track, I know I'm automating the panning or the gain on the track.  You can also switch the meter to Pre/Post. Lots of handy features on this plugin.

Sorry for the OT post.   Back to Boz!  His has the low frequency summing which definitely has its uses. In fact I'm thinking I might try this one out.!  :)

The low freq summing is what makes it magic.

If you are considering it (I use it ALL the time)...also harass Boz about it needing a prochannel version while you are at it.

Honestly it is annoying having it as a plugin...if he made the PC version, it would solve those problems.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mibby said:

Just put Mongoose right before your favorite panner...  ;)  

I agree though, it's a simple and useful idea.  Kudos to Mr. Boz.

Yeah if you want to load 2 plugins just to pan properly.    The fact the built in DAW pan knob comes affer the effects  negates the abilty to use it with the built in tools.

Adding 2 plugins would be fairly annoying in a workflow .  

(and my favorite panner is Panknob...so...)  😆

• Like 1